Mixture of bitter leaf and milk: Health benefits of bitter leaf and milk.
Bitter leaf is a vegetable used for preparing the popular Bitter leaf soup. It is also known as Onugbu, Shiwaka and Ewuro by the Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas in Nigeria.
Although this plant has been around for hundreds of years, only a few people know of its medicinal value, health benefits and healing properties.
Bitter leaf (Vernonia amygdalina) as the name implies, is actually a bitter plant whose leaves, extracts, stems and barks are used for culinary, medicinal and curative purposes.
Vitamins in a mixture Bitter leaf and milk includes; Vitamin A, Vitamin C ,Vitamin E, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B2.
Well, to get the best results from the bitter leaf plant, it’s best taken freshly squeezed from the leaves. You can then add milk, honey or ginger or garlic.
How to extract the Bitter leaf Juice:
This can be done, the old school way of rubbing the clean leaves in between your palms with the help of a little water and squeezing out the juice from the leaves.
You can also use a juicer or blend the leaves with a little water, in a blender and strain out the extract with a cheese cloth, coffee strainer or a sieve with a tight mesh.
Bitter leaf juice on its own, is quite bitter and this taste might be unbearable for a lot of people.
So to reduce the bitterness of the bitter leaf juice, simply blend it with spinach or Ugwu (fluted pumpkin). If you still find it extremely bitter, then add some sweet fruits to it, such as pineapple , apples, or oranges or milk (peak milk, three crowns milk, Dano milk, cowbell milk).
Dry bitter leaf is also potent, but has to be properly cleaned before use.
Some of the health benefits of Bitter leaf and milk include:
1. It speeds up metabolism and therefore is great for weight loss.
2. Bitter leaf juice relieves fever and feverish conditions. Take the squeezed juice, 3 times daily until the symptoms disappears.
3. It also helps to reduce high sugar level in the blood, and great for diabetic patients.
4. Squeeze the fresh leaves on your palm and apply the juice on skin rashes,eczema, ring worms and any superficial skin ailments, you’ll notice a change in few days. Don’t apply to open wounds.
5. A combo of Bitter leaf juice and milk is said to soothe and also cure pile.
6. Taking a cup of bitter leaf juice and milk a day, is a great way to detoxify the body of harmful toxins.
7. Bitter leaf juice taken with milk nourishes the skin and promotes hair growth.
8. Bitter leaf (Vernonia amygdalina) also cures mild stomach ailments
9. Bitter leaf juice is said to increase breast milk production in nursing mothers.
10. The washed roots and stalks of bitterleaf are boiled and the infusion is taking as a worm expeller. A cup of bitter leaf infusion taking first thing in the morning before meals.
11. Bitter leaf juice is used by local women in Guinea-Bissau to contract the uterus after childbirth and therefore should not be taking during pregnancy or if you’re trying to conceive,because high intake might cause miscarriage.
12. Drinking a mixture of bitter leaf and milk helps improve vision
13. Bitter leaf juice and milk is good for stomach ulcer patients…. It helps soothe ulcer pains.
14. Bitter leaf and milk is used by hypertensive to lower their blood pressure.
15. Bitter leaf and milk helps boost both libido and fertility.
16. A cup of bitter leaf juice and milk a day, energizes you…o yes it does.
I have headache after drinking biterleaf and milk for a week now.
Should I continue to take the biterleaf or stop iT
Your choice…?but bitter leaf and milk does not cause headache
Please..the guy who complains of headaches after using bitter leaf and milk for 1 week should take a break and check his blood sugar level!bitter leaf will definitely drop ur sugar level,,..especially if u were not diabetic before. This may be the reason a for the head aches..
Can bitter leaf cure weak eraction in men?