Health benefits of okpa in pregnancy.Is Okpa good for pregnant woman?
Is Bambara nut (okpa) good for pregnant woman?
Okpa is a delicacy of the South East of the Igbo speaking people…Okpa is even an Igbo name for Bambara beans or Bambara nuts….Okpa is a staple food for the Igbo people….
To answer your question, Bambara nut is very generous of for pregnant women as it is rich in Essential vitamins and minerals. Okpa is very rich in iron and treats anemia and boosts hemoglobin in pregnancy…
Okpa is very healthy in pregnancy and pregnant women should please enjoy it.
Health benefits of okpa in pregnancy…
Pregnancy is a very demanding physiological condition in the woman’s body and pregnant women are advised to consume foods with high nutritional value….I mean foods that are rich in iron to prevent anemia, high protein and calorie foods, and foods rich in fibres….Okpa fits this categories of of high demand pregnancy diet….
Here are the Nutritional benefits of okpa in pregnancy you should know.
1. It contains antioxidants which can help prevent cancer.
2. Okpa helps in improvimg the immune system during pregnancy
3. It contains certain minerals that are good for the body like zinc. Zinc helps to boost the body immune system in pregnancy and also strengthens the airway against diseases like coronavirus and flu
4. It is good for the bone. Okpa is rich in Calcium which is a recommended mineral in pregnancy. Calcium is needed for the development of bones and teeth in the foetus.
5. Okpa contains loads of nutrients which makes it effective in preventing and combating malnutrition in pregnancy.
6. It contains valine which is an amino acid essential for hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) renewal, HSC plays a role in hematopoiesis (formation of blood cells).
7. It contains tryptophan which is converted into serotonin in the body. Serotonin plays mode stabilizing roles as such can help in instances of insomnia.
8. Okpa, made from Bambara beans is very rich in blood forming mineral called iron….Okpa helps prevent and treat anemia in pregnancy. Pregnant women should please eat okpa.
9. Okpa is rich in fibres which promote bowel movement and the eats constipation in pregnancy. Constipation is a major health challenge in pregnant women.
10. Some women have confirmed that eating okpa helps them overcome morning sickness, a condition characterised by nausea and vomiting especially the first trimester of pregnancy.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng