Scumbia Fish: Benefits, Nutritional facts, Pictures, Scientific Name.
This fish is called MACKEREL (picture in article), popularly called Scubia or scumbia, today I want to tell us the Health benefit of this fish to our body as it’s very delicious and yummy.
Scientific name of Scumbia Fish: Scomber scombrus.
Nutritional facts about scumbia fish
Scumbia is rich in selenium, vitamin A , vitamin D, proteins, calories good cholesterol, and Omega 3 fatty acids.
Fish is one of the healthiest sources of protein, and tilapia is no exception. Scumbia fish called mackerel is packed with vitamins and minerals like choline, niacin, vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium, and phosphorus. It is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are healthy fats that your body needs to function.😌😌
Now Selenium as stated is needed in the thyroid gland, DNA, reproductive and immune system 🤠.
These nutritional information will help you understand while Scumbia is good for you.
Health benefits of scumbia fish
* it helps to fight depression if eaten in large quantity because of the presence of Omega 3 fatty acid. Omega 3 fatty acid is good for the brain.
* it helps reduce weight and waistline, recent research has found out that people who are regular in consumption of this fish and combine with exercise, it helps to reduce weight loss by decreasing your level of eating hormone(ghrelin)
* it helps to reduce blood pressure. For hypertensive patients , dietitians and cardiologists have advised that people who have high blood pressure should be eating Scumbia instead of red meat. Persons who neat Scumbia were found to have controlled blood pressure.
*no doubt, scubia is very oily, its contains healthy fat that is good for the heart, regular consumption of it helps reduce bad cholesterol in the body called LDL cholesterol.
* Scumbia is very rich in selenium, a mineral that helps prevent heart diseases
* #Scumbia #fish is one of the fishes with the highest amount of vitamin D, a vitamin necessary for the development of strong bones and teeth.
Scumbia fish and pregnancy
Is Scumbia #fish good for pregnant women?
* pregnant women should not eat more than one Scumbia fish in a week as it may contain mercury that can harm the baby inside the womb. Though some researchers have confirmed that Scumbia has very low levels of mercury. Mercury poisoning is not good for the developing brain. Scumbia should be eaten with moderation during pregnancy.
Some like it fried or dried, in all its always very yummy and tasty, try it, it’s sweet.Thank you.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng