OKRA WATER SIDE EFFECTS: side effects of drinking too much okra water…
A lot has been said about the health benefits of drinking okra water especially its fertility benefits to women. Okra water is believed to boost ovulation, boost release of eggs and increases a woman’s chances of getting pregnant with twins…
It is important for us to also look at the side effects of drinking okra water especially too much of it. This article will do just that.
Side effects drinking too much okra water:
Take with moderation.Too much of everything is bad. Consuming too much of okra water can adversely affect some people.
1. Gastrointestinal problems: Okra contains fructans, which is a type of carbohydrate that the human body find difficult to digest. Fructans can cause diarrhea, gas, flatulence, abdominal cramping, and bloating in people with existing bowel problems.
2. Kidney stones: Okra is high in oxalates crystals. These crystals may stick together and form a solid mass (a kidney stone). Oxalate is one type of substance that can form crystals in the urine. This can happen if there is too much oxalate, too little liquid, and the oxalate “sticks” to calcium while urine is being made by the kidneys. Yes, drinking too much okra water can cause kidney stones but this is very rare.
3. Nausea and Vomiting: Drinking raw slimy okra water is not a pleasant for many persons as the taste can also be repugnant….drinking okra water especially too much of it can actually cause you to vomit or give you a nauseous feeling.
4. Allergies: drinking okra water may trigger an allergic reaction in some persons.
Now look again at the health benefits of drinking okra water
Okra is low in calories but packed full of nutrients.
*Okra water contains antioxidants called polyphenols, including vitamins A and C.Antioxidants are natural compounds that help your body fight off molecules called free radicals that can damage cells.
*Supports Heart and Brain Health
*Helps Control Blood Sugar
*One cup of okra water has 15% of the daily value of folate, a helpful nutrient for pregnant women.
*Okra water is used as a traditional and alternative therapy for diabetes.
*Okra may help reduce fatigue levels in the body.
*Okra’s dietary fiber helps you feel full for longer.
*It’s a low calorie food
*It can give you shiny, bouncy hair. Okra boiled, cooled, and mixed with lemon juice can be applied to your hair for a nice bouncy finish.
* It supports strong bones since okra water is rich in calcium.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng