How to make cerelac at home in Ghana and Nigeria…
Not every family can afford Nestle or wheat cerelac …so it is important for you to learn how to hygienically make or prepare baby cerelac at home with the right recipes and ingredients.
Here is an article written by Jeny Onyebuchi on how to prepare cerelac at home. Your sincerely, www.nimedhealth.com.ng decided to publish this to help you save cost on baby foods or formula.
Go through it and learn the recipes and ingredients for home made cerelac:
Homemade Cerealac ( From 6-8months)
1. Homemade cerealac is free from chemicals and preservatives
2. It’s very nutritional and will make your baby very healthy and chubby
Things and Ingredients Needed for Home Made Cerelac
1 and half cup of rice (I used local rice because its more nutritious)
1 cup of corn
1 cup of Wheat
12 pieces of cashew nut
10 pieces of almond(optional)
1. Once the ingredients are all sorted out, soak the rice,corn and wheat separately in water for about 10mins
2. Rinse and dry the ingredients
3. Once they completely dry, Roast all the ingredients in a clean and dry non stick pan( roast them separately). Make sure the ingredients are roasted in a medium low flame to ensure that it’s cooked well from the inside and not just outside. Once roasted, the ingredients become brown in color. Keep them aside to cool.
4. Once cooled,transfer the ingredients(including the cashew nut) to a blender or grinding machine. Blend the mixture till it turn into powder. (You can use a sieve to sift it in case you think there’s still granules)
5. Store the powder in an air tight container ( it can be stored for 4 to 6 months if stored in a refrigerator.
Now whenever you want to make it for your baby. Take 2 or 3 spoons of HMC, put in a little pot, add 1 cup of boiled water and mix well so That no lumps are formed, transfer to a flame of medium heat.. Stir continuously till it thickens….Allow it to cool a bit..
Scoop it into your baby’s plate and add your formula(baby’s milk).
Note: if your baby is allergic to any of these ingredients, please do not give this to him or her. Allergies are better prevented.
Secondly, not all babies must be fat and chubby. Being healthy and well nourished is the best for your baby and nothing else.