Best milk for babies 6-12 months in Nigeria….best formula milk for babies 6-12 months in Nigeria …list of baby formula in Nigeria… Best milk brand for 1 year old baby in Nigeria.
Why Formula Milk Feeding?
While formula milk may not be as nutrient rich as breast milk, it is also a healthy choice for babies. A lot of moms tend to find formula feeding convenient for a variety of reasons.
* Formula feeding is flexible. You can manage to get your chores done knowing that your baby is well fed.
* You can share the job with your partner (husband), particularly during night time feedings.
* You can also have your favorite foods once in a while, which is not possible in the case of breastfeeding.
* Formula milk is manufactured under sterile conditions and is usually composed of all the vitamins and minerals that your baby needs during his crucial developing period.
* Formula milk is developed in an attempt to duplicate mother’s milk. It is a complex combination of fats, sugars, proteins and other nutrients, which are the best for your growing baby.
Best formula milk for babies 6-12 months in Nigeria
In Nigeria, a number of different brands of baby formula milk is available in pharmacies, supermarkets, stores, markets and online stores like amazon, jumia, konga.etc.
Here is a list of baby formula milk in Nigeria including the ones that helps for weight gain, for different ages, and lactose free for lactose intolerant babies. They are:
1. NAN 1 baby formula milk for 0 -6 months
2. NAN 2 baby formula milk for 6 – 12 months old babies
3. NAN 3 baby formula milk for 1 -3 years babies
4. PRENAN baby formula milk for preterm and low birth weight babies
5. Lactogen baby formula: Nestlé LACTOGEN 1 is a spray dried infant formula with Probiotic (L. reuteri) for infants from birth when they are not breastfed…Nestlé LACTOGEN 1 Infant Formula Powder contains Whey Protein.
6. SMA gold baby formula milk…. Helps in weight gain
7. Enfamil baby formula…specially prepared to have similar qualities and nutritional benefits as breast milk
8. S-26 gold
9. Aptamil infant baby formula
10. Cow and Gate first infant milk ….
11. Gerber baby formula …gerber good start
12. Similac baby formula… contains iron and helps boost blood production in babies. Similac baby formula is good for babies with sensitive stomach.
CAVEAT: The products listed in this post are for informational purposes only and not for promotion or advertisement. The benefits mentioned are claimed by the manufacturer, and MomJunction does not hold any liability for the effectiveness of these products. We suggest that you consult a pediatrician before trying any formula.
Formula Feeding Challenges:
There are certain challenges new mothers need to consider when adopting formula feeding.
* Unable To Match The Breastmilk Complexity – Formula feeds duplicate the breast milk complexity and the baby’s needs also change.
* Lack Of Antibodies – Formula feed does not contain any antibodies that are commonly found in breastmilk. Therefore, it will not play any role to improve the immunity of your baby against infections.
* Expensive – Formula feed is expensive and depends on the type you use. Powder formula is least expensive, which is followed by concentrated formula and then ready to feed formula being highly expensive.
* Bowel Problems – Babies can have problems with gas and bowel movements. Formula fed babies are likely to be more affected than breastfed babies.
* Preparing Feed – Formula feeding requires planning and organization so that the feed is always handy to feed your baby. Proper storage is essential to prevent bacterial formation that may harm the baby. It is also important to keep the necessary supplies accessible, clean and ready to use.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng