Medicine/Drug prices in Nigeria.
Were you prescribed a drug and you don’t know its price/cost? This article contains the commonly used or prescribed drugs in Nigeria and their prices.
I tried to make this article as comprehensive as possible. It may not give you the exact prices as drug prices in Nigeria are not regulated but pharmacy and location dependent, but it will give you an idea. I took time out to visit major pharmacy stores and interviewed some pharmacists to get these prices I hope it solves your problem.
Check below for the various drug prices in Nigeria.
1. Doxycycline- #100 naira per satchet.
2. Arthrotec price in Nigeria: #700 Naira per satchet.
3. Zoloft (Sertraline)- #2,580 naira for a pack containing ten (10) tablets.
4. Postinor 2- #500 Naira per satchet.
5. Rhogam injection : #35,000 to #37,000 Naira.
6. Clomiphene Citrate- #3,500 Naira per pack.
7. Asthma inhaler: Ventolin inhaler price is #1,500 Naira while Seretide inhaler is #4,550 Naira.
8.Omeprazole- Barrole Injection is #900 naira per ampoule while omeprazole tablet is around #500 to #1,000 per pack.
9. Cyclogest pessary – #11,000 Naira per packet.
10. Parlodel(Bromocriptine)- #2,500 Naira per pack.
11. Ivermectin : #800 Naira.
12. Ribavirin: Free in federal and some state hospitals. In pharmacies, 1 ampoule of ribavirin is #5,000. It is a drug of choice for Lassa fever, and dog bite patients.
13. Insulin Injection- Different types. Humulin is #3,250 Naira per ampoule, Mustard is #4,500 per ampoule, Actrapid is #3,000 naira per ampoule.
14. Misoprostol- Cytotec is #2,000 naira per satchet while misoclear is #1,500 per satchet.
15. Mifeprostone (mifeprex)- #1,800 Naira per satchet.
16. Augmentin- Augmentin by GSK is #3,500 Naira, unbranded augmentin is #1,700 Naira.
17. Zinnat 500mg price in Nigeria : #3,900 Naira.
18. Injection cefuroxime (Zinnat) is #2,000 Naira.
19. Dostinex(carbagoline)- #8,900 to #9,200 Naira.
20. Amoxicillin- Branded amoxicillin by GSK is #550 Naira per satchet containing 10 tablets. Unbranded amoxicillin is around #120-#350 Naira per satchet containing 10 tablets.
21. Ibuprofen: Branded Ibuprofen (Nurofen) 200mg is 1560 per satchet, branded ibuprofen 400mg is #2,250 for a pack containing 12 tablets. Unbranded ibuprofen is #400 Naira.
22. Rocephin injection price in Nigeria – #3,500 per ampoule.
23. Adderall (amphetamine) : A drug for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Adderall price is Nigeria is #47,250 for a pack containing 30 pills. It is #1,800 per tablet.
24. Meropenem- Branded meropenem is #10,000 Naira. Neuronem (unbranded) is #5,200.
25. Imipenem price in Nigeria is #6,000 Naira.
26. Depo Provera (DMPA)- #800 Naira per pack.
27. Ceftriaxone injection: #1,500 per ampoule.
28. Fortuin/Pentazocin: #3,500 per pack.
29. Modafinil(Provigil)- #31,000 Naira.
30. Azithromycin- Zithromax suspension 1g by Pfizer is #4,950 Naira, zithromax suspension for children is #3,500 Naira, Zithromax tablets 250mg is #3650 Naira, Zithromax 500mg tablet is #4,000 Naira. Unbranded azithromycin 500mg is #2,000 Naira per satchet.
31. Coartem- Double strength (80/480) is #1,700 naira while the single strength coartem (20/120) is #600.
32. Lonart: double strength (80/480) is #1,200 Naira.
33. Felvin: #70 Naira per satchet.
34. Feldin- #2,500 per pack.
35. Tavanic (levofloxacin)- #5,500
36. Daflon 500mg price in Nigeria: #2,500 to #3500 Naira per pack.
35. Cost of ciprotab(ciprofloxacin) in Nigeria: #1,500 Naira per pack.
36. Acyclovir 200mg price in Nigeria – #2,000 per pack.
37. Levofloxacin 500mg tablets is #2000.
38. Kenalog (intralesional triamcinolone) price is about #2500 to #3000 per vial. It is used for keloids.
39. Insulin- Short- acting insulin (Humulin) is #3900 per vial and atrapid cost #3500 naira. While Lantus insulin is around #8,000 to #10,000 naira per vial. Lantus is long acting.
40. Albendazole- Depends on the brand, albendazole is sold for #400, #800, #1,000 or even #1,400 naira.
41. Ampicillin capsule: #250 naira per satchet.
42. Danazol: cost about #3500 to #4500 per pack.
43. Price of Normoretic is #1,700 per pack and Moduretic is #2,500 per pack.
44. Lansoprazole is #1,500 per pack
45. Vasoprim (low dose aspirin) is #500 per pack and it depends on the brand.
46. Montelukast price in Nigeria is #2,000 naira for a pack. Trade name of Montelukast is Montiget
47. Price of Tamsulosin (Contiflo) in Nigeria is #3,500 naira for a pack.
48. Primolut N price in Nigeria is #2,000 naira for a packet containing 30 tablets.
49. Progynova price in Nigeria is #3,000 naira for a pack containing 28 tablets.
50. The propranolol price in Nigeria is #250 Naira for a satchet. Propanol tablets comes in 40mg.
51. Pregabalin price in Nigeria: comes in 75mg. A satchet if pregablin cost #500 – #1000.
52. Dapoxetine price in Nigeria: Priligy (Dapoxetine) 30mg for Premature Ejaculation price is #33,000 per pack
53. Letrozole price in Nigeria: A pack of 2.5mg of letrozole containing 28 tablets cost #7,500 naira.
54. Erythromycin price in Nigeria: #600 naira per satchet and #1,800 per pack.
55. Fluconazole Price in Nigeria: #2,500 per pack
56. Losartan price in Nigeria: A satchet 50mg of losartan cost about #700 naira, while a pack of losartan containing 28 tablets is priced for #2,500 naira.
57. Hydrocortisone Cream Price in Nigeria: A tube is sold for #700 naira
58. Pylorest price in Nigeria: A pack of pylorest cost #800 naira
59. Progesterone injection price in Nigeria: #2,500 naira
60. Dexamethasone price in Nigeria: The price of a pack of dexamethasone injection is #1,000 Naira while a satchet of dexamethasone tablets is sold for #500 Naira.
61. Polygynax price in Nigeria: #3,000 Naira
62. Lyrica 75 mg price: Lyrica is branded pregabalin. Lyrica 75 mg price in Nigeria is about #5,000 Naira per pack.
63. HonniHil price in Nigeria: Honnihil is the trade name of tadalafil (sex enhancer). HonniHil price in Nigeria is #1,500 Naira for a pack containing 4 tablets.
64. Ofloxacin price in Nigeria: #2,000 Naira per pack
65. Tarivid price in Nigeria: Tarivid is branded ofloxacin and it is sold for around #3,000 Naira per pack.
66. Neuracalm 75mg: #4,500 naira pee pack
67. Slow K: Potassium tablets for correcting hypokalemia. A satchet of slow k potassium tabs is #1,500 naira
68. Montiget: for asthma. #800 naira for a pack.
Was this article on drugs prices in Nigeria helpful?
Please leave a comment.
Read more about drugs on Wikipedia