Chief Nursing Officer salary in Nigeria.., salary of a CNO in Nigeria
CNO (Chief Nursing Officer) is a professional title & a cadre for a nurse with level 14 & above with core clinical responsibility in nursing. While a Matron is a given title to a nurse with higher rank who control and assign nursing administrative and managerial task.
CNO is a Chief Nursing Officer on level 14 in civil service, Matron is any senior nurse from grade level 12 to 14 in civil service, though some private hospitals use matron to describe the most senior or head nurse.
A CNO must use well-developed leadership, business, and communication skills. She/he must draw on deep experience and knowledge and adhere to the highest professional standards.
Duties of a Chief Nursing Officer (a CNO)
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, here are some typical duties of medical and health services manager:
- Improve efficiency and quality in delivering healthcare services.
- Develop departmental goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the facility in which they work is up to date on and compliant with laws and regulations.
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff members.
- Manage the finances of the facility, such as patient fees and billing.
- Create work schedules.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and spending to ensure departments operate within funding limits.
- Represent the facility at investor meetings or on governing boards.
- Keep and organize records of the facility’s services, such as the number of inpatient beds used.
- Communicate with other members of the medical staff and department heads.
Agreed. the CNO is a nurse leader. However, the duties of a chief nursing officer varies from hospital to hospital and from country to country…For example , in Nigeria and many African countries, the CNO performs more duties of clinical services and patient care than the above listed adminstrative role.
Chief Nursing Officer salary in Nigeria – How much does a CNO earn ?
With the new adjustment in minimum wage, the average monthly salary of a chief nursing officer in Nigeria is around #330,000 naira especially in govt owned hospitals like teaching hospitals and federal medical centres. That means that a CNO earns #3.6 million naira annually in Nigeria.
When compared to other countries, the average annual salary in the U.S.A. for all CNOs is $127,900.