A compilation of the Lagos General hospital delivery list.
Are you pregnant? Are you an expectant mother based in Lagos Nigeria? Did you book you antenatal in one of the LAGOS general hospitals? Do you know the common maternity delivery list in Lagos? If no this article is for you.
Yours sincerely, www.nimedhealth.com.ng, paid a visit to one of the general hospitals and maternity homes in Lagos and this was the list of delivery materials an expectant mother is expected to buy before her expected date of delivery.
The nurses and midwives have me this list.
FOR THE NEWBORN BABY:
- Small and large Baby towels
- Baby dresses with woolen cap, gloves, stockings
- Set of baby onesies
- Pack of Baby bibs
- Cotton wool
- Baby wipes
- One Baby blanket
- Baby disposable diapers
- Ankara Wrappers
- Olive oil big size to clean your baby skin after birth.
- Cord clamp
- Large size jik bleach or hypo; The hospital staff will need it to wash hands after delivery. you will also need it to wash you hands before carrying your baby.
- Blueseal Vaseline
- Disposable Hand Gloves for hospital staff
- Mucus extractor
- One Baby bathing soap
- Mild Baby shampoo
- Baby combs and hairbrush
- Soft Baby sponge
- Methylated spirit
- Delivery mat . Get 4 delivery mats.
- Baby oil
For Mom/Expectant mother:
- Labor kit containing massage oil (recommended in most childbirth classes)
- Warm socks (to wear in the delivery room)
- Maternity underwear (for the trip home)
- Nightgown (one that opens in the front if you’re planning on breastfeeding)
- Beverages (Provisions like Milo, peak, bournvita etc) – person wey born go chop now.
- Nursing bra
- Clothing for trip home (consider bringing 1st or 2nd trimester maternity clothes, which will
be roomy and comfortable)
- Two pillows with pillowcases from home
- Cosmetics, hairbrush, hair dryer
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Prescription medications from home
- Mints or breath strips
- Lollipops (for a dry mouth)
- Lip balm
- Body lotion
- A pack of facemasks against coronavirus in line with present realities
- Eyeglasses (contact lenses may need to be removed prior to a C-section)
- Contact lenses (for moms that use glasses) and accessories
- A nightlight (for soft light in the room during night feedings)
- A pad of paper and pen to track Baby’s feedings and diaper changes
- A large envelope or office file to bring home documents (discharge papers, Baby’s first photo, birth certificate, immunization certificate etc.)
- Phone and your phone charger for ease of communication.
- Keep some money with you for your personal use.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng