Can Postinor-2 cause cancer? Can postinor cause breast cancer or ovarian cancer?
Fake news! Even though it’s way better to use a regular contraceptive and not postinor 2 (emergency contraception). Postinor 2 does not cause infertility or cancer. Don’t spread falsehoods.
Facts on Postinor 2
– Postinor 2 contains 2 tablets of 0.75mg active ingredient called levonorgestrel.
– It is also known as the ‘Morning After Pill’
– Postinor 2 is an EMERGENCY contraceptive ONLY.
– Postinor 2 is NOT intended for regular use.
– Postinor 2 will NOT prevent you from catching sexually transmitted diseases.
– Postinor 2 works up to 95% when taken as soon as possible, 58% when taken within 48 hours. It is recommended that the first tablet be taken as soon as possible, while the second tablet should be taken 12 hours after the first one.
– Postinor 2 can be taken ONCE every menstrual cycle. Taking it more often will upset your hormones and lead to hormonal imbalance disorders including but not limited to acne.
-Postinor 2 INCREASE your risk of having breast cancer.
– Postinor 2 could cause spotting and bleeding when used excessively. i.e, you bleed for days which is different from the normal monthly flow. And it messes up your menstrual cycle.
– Postinor 2 can lead to excessive/irregular weight gain.
– Wrong use of Postinor 2 – using more than a tablet at once, combining the pills with other drugs, and swallowing more than 12 in a month – can cause your monthly period to shift indefinitely or become irregular. As such, the chance of becoming pregnant with an irregular or non-flowing period is slim or close to zero. It also could cause delay in the ovulation cycle.
Alternatives to the use of postinor 2 as an emergency contraceptive includes:abstinence during the fertile period of the woman’s menstrual cycle.
IUDs (intrauterine devices) which are made of metal or plastic inserted into the woman’s uterus through the vaginal opening. This are quite safe and effective for long term use.
The barrier method which includes condoms for men and diaphragms, cervical cap and female condoms for women. They are physical barriers which are used before sex to prevent pregnancy. Spermicides are chemical barriers which can be used too for the same reason.
Contraceptive implants are also used. They are hormone filled capsules which are inserted basically under the skin of a woman’s arm. There are injectable hormones which are given via IM. These last for as long as 3 months per shot(depo-provera).
And lastly, the permanent sterilization method referred to as vasectomy in men and tubal occlusion or ligation in women.
From all the above listed, the only method with 100% guaranty is the permanent sterilization method.
PS: THE ARTICLE IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF www.nimedhealth.com.ng
Altogether if you’re a sexually active person, it’s advisable you go to an hospital to see a gynecologist who will guide you about the best contraceptive method (even if you’re not yet married).
Regular abuse of emergency contraceptives have more pain than gain at the end.
Summary: Postinor 2 or postinor 1 cannot cause cancer. Postinor cannot cause ovarian cancer. Postinor cannot cause breast cancer. Postinor cannot cause cervical cancer.
Article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng