Woman Hears ‘Swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out to be Venomous Spider

The story of how a venomous brown recluse spider was discovered and removed from a woman’s left ear. 

A woman went to the doctor with what she thought was water sloshing around in her left ear. But water doesn’t have eight legs, pincers and a venomous bite. Doctors pulled a venomous brown recluse spider out of her ear!

According to a new affiliate report, a woman in Missouri went to the doctor, thinking she had water in her ear that wouldn’t go away. That’s when doctors figured out the real culprit: a brown recluse Spider inside her left ear

You may want to purchase some earplugs after this.

Now the report……

On Tuesday morning, a 41-year-old Missouri woman woke up with a bizarre sensation in her left ear. Susie Torres told KSHB that she heard a “swooshing” noise and assumed it was clogged water, so she went to a local clinic to have it checked out. After a medical assistant did a quick examination, she informed Torres that she had to get more people, as she believed the woman had a bug in her ear.

“She came back in and told me it was a spider,” Torres told the outlet. “They had a few tools and worked their magic and got it out.”

But it gets creepier. Torres was told that it wasn’t just any spider; it was a highly venomous brown recluse spider, whose bite could result in itchiness, pain, irritation, sweating, nausea, and, in rare cases, death.

Thankfully, the eight-legged creature didn’t bite Torres as it was occupying her ear.

“I never thought they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body,” said Torres, who is now taking extra precautions before bedtime. “I went and put some cotton balls in my ear last night, because I did not have any ear plugs, I’m pretty terrified of spiders.”

Venomous brown recluse spider
Venomous brown recluse spider discovered in woman’s ear
Credit: Getty Images

According to the CDC, the brown recluse is one of two venomous spiders found in the U.S., along with black widows. “Spiders are usually not aggressive and most bites occur because a spider is trapped or unintentionally contacted,” the CDC says. So, Torres got lucky — she could’ve received a bite that would cause itching, pain, and irritation, or even, in rare cases, death.

It wasn’t too long ago that doctors found a spider spinning a web inside a man’s ear in China, The Sun newspaper in the U.K. reports. The patient went to the doctor complaining of an “itchy crawling sensation” inside his ear and doctors saw the insect deep in his canal. They took video of the web-spinning spider, which went viral in May.

Ear-dwelling spiders have made headlines other times before. In 2012, doctors in China found a spider that had been living in a woman’s ear for 5 days. And in 2007, an Oregon boy complaining of a faint popping sound “like Rice Krispies” ended up having two spiders removed from his ear.

Watch her tell her story on this video….

 

Sources:

CBS News

COMPLEX

CNN

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *