Nigerian diet for acid reflux…
Acid reflux or gastro esophageal reflux disease is the backflow of stomach acid through a lax or weak lower esophageal sphincter back into the esophagus causing discomforting symptoms like heart burns, chest pains and even sometimes vomiting. Long standing untreated GERD can change the architecture and make up of the lower esophagus leading to cancer. So you can see how serious this is.
Depression seems to increase symptoms associated with GERD such as feeling restless, rapid heart rate and hyperventilation.
Treating GERD may require a combination of medications and lifestyle modifications like eating a healthy diet, avoiding foods that trigger acid reflux and getting regular exercise.
❗️❗️LISTEN PLEASE, IF YOU SUFFER HEARTBURN OR ACID REFLUX EACH TIME YOU EAT CERTAIN FOODS LIKE BEANS…PLEASE DONT IGNORE !!! YOU NEED TO REALLY GET TO THE ROOT CAUSE OF IT AND MAKE SURE ITS RESOLVED. HEARTBURN CAN ACTUALLY CAUSE BIG PROBLEM WITH OESOPHAGUS. YES!! EVEN CANCER OF THE OESOPHAGUS!!! GASTRO OESOPHAGIAL REFLUX DISEASE ( GERD) IS NOT A JOKE. ANYTHING THATS CAUSING STOMACH ACID TO ESCAPE TO YOUR CHEST, THROAT, MOUTH SHOULD BE QUICKLY RESOLVED PLEASE. HCL IS SO CORROSIVE, IT CAN ERODE THE ENAMEL.. CELL TISSUES OF WHATEVER IT TOUCHES.
❗️IF BEANS CAUSES THIS…PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STAY AWAY OR LEARN FEW WAYS TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING BY SOAKING YOUR BEANS FOR HOURS BEFORE COOKING IT. SOAKING IS MANDATORY NOT OPTIONAL OOO.
1. Vegetables (ugu leaf, efo,scent leave, bitter leaf)
4. Yoghurt drink
5. Pounded yam, semo, wheat, fufu, eba (garri), starch and other kinds of swallows.
7. As earlier said, avoid beans
8. You can eat moimoi and akara
9. Eat all soups.
10. Avoid to many spices and too much Maggi
11. No alcohol. No smoking
12. Wait for at least an hour before lying down after eating
13. Eat fish and meat
14. Eat in small proportion
15. Exercise and lose some weight.
16. Cabbage juice….cabbage juice heals ulcer and relieves acid reflux
17. Take milk
18. Bananas heal ulcer and reduces acid reflux
19. Eat bread
Nigerian Foods to avoid when you have acid reflux
5. Smoked foods, fish, meat
6. Refined or processed foods
7. Carbonated drinks including malt
8. Palm wine
Acid Reflux Treatment Tips.
Eat smaller and more frequent meals to avoid overfilling the stomach and putting pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), which is the valve that prevents acid from flowing back into the esophagus!
This post was last modified on May 25, 2023 6:19 pm