Natural remedies to make a woman wet….Home remedies for female lubrication
Vaginal lubrication: A Thread!!
Vaginal dryness can be an embarrassing topic and one that some of us might be in the dark about. In this thread, we shed some light on how to navigate the ins and outs of vaginal lubrication.
Vaginal lubrication often occurs naturally when a woman is sexually excited or aroused. Women will vary in how much lubrication they produce and the amount of lubrication they desire for a pleasurable sexual experience — this variation is completely normal.
Reduced or absent lubrication is very common and can be the result of lack of arousal, stress, hormonal changes eg: during PMS, pregnacy, breastfeeding or menopause. Or it can be caused by medications such as antihistamines, hormonal birth control, chemotherapy.
Other medications such as treatment for asthma & depression can also cause dryness.
In addition, dehydration, use of alcohol or smoking may also lead to decreased lubrication.
When you’re having sex with a partner or on your own, you may want to add lubrication for 4 reasons:
1. It decreases painful and uncomfortable friction
2. It enhances sexual arousal by stimulating the flow of blood to the vulva, which encourages your body to create some of its own lube.
3. It makes you wet; which creates more pleasure & an easier route to orgasm
4. Good lubrication keeps the ‘ponmo’soft & helps maintain elasticity of vaginal walls to prevent tears and soreness.
For ladies who experience pain, a numbing lubricant can be prescribed by a doctor.
When choosing a lubricant, always consider your comfort and safety.
Comfort refers to your pleasure this means the feel, taste and scent of your lube.
Safety refers to your health eg; oil based lubricants cannot be used with latex ‘gloves’, as they can destroy the material and cause its failure (breakage). Also, Irritations may occur with some lubes.
There are 3 types of lubricants:
1. Water based- the most commonly sold, some may contain glycerine which gives a sweet taste. Most warming and flavoured lubes fall under this category. Of you are prone to yeast infections choose brands that are glycerine free.
2. Silicon based-These last the longest of all & are especially recommended for women with chronic dryness or genital pain.
3. Oil based- These can destroy latex based cond*ms & should be avoided at all cost to prevent c*ndom failure. Only use water/silicon based lube with latex.
A general rule of thumb for oil based lubricant is: If you can eat it, you can use it.
Coconut, olive & avocado oils are good natural lubricants that works. Drinking water is still the biggest source of getting lubricated.
Avoid synthetics like ❌vaseline, baby oil, massage oils, body lotions & creams❌ to prevent irritation & infections.