can apetamin make you miss your period? A reader talks to www.nimedhealth.com.ng.
I noticed that I missed my period for the month of December after taking apetamin syrup..I have not been sexually active for the past 2 months. My friend also complained of irregular menstrual cycle after she started taking apetamin syrup and tablets. Can apetamin make one one miss her period?
Apetamin is a banned drug in the the US and Europe and it is not approved by the FDA. Inspire of this, many ladies still take apetamin for different reasons best known to them… weight gain, big hips, buttok enlargement and many more.
The side effects of apetamin are numerous but known has reported it to negatively affect menstruation to the extent of causing one to miss her period. I have not seen any literature to be frank with you but I cannot totally rule it out.
However here are the possible reasons you may have missed your period:
1. You are pregnant
3. Do you do extreme exercise? Yes,
extreme exercise can cause alterations in pituitary hormones and thyroid hormones, resulting in changes in ovulation and menstruation.
4. Have you been ill? Chronic conditions that can affect your menstrual cycles include thyroid disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), pituitary tumors (which may or may not be cancer), diseases of the adrenal gland, ovarian cysts, liver dysfunction, and diabetes.
5. Drugs: Some medications, such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, thyroid medications, anticonvulsants, and some chemotherapy medications, may cause your period to be absent or delayed.5
Hormonal contraceptives like Depo-Provera, progesterone-only MiniPill, Mirena IUD, and Nexplanon can also influence your cycle.
6. Rapid weight gain or weight loss can make you miss your period… Apetamin sometimes causes rapid weight gain in some persons and this may be responsible for your missed period.. Did you notice you have gained weight tremendously since you started taking apetamin? Watch it.
7. This is not impossible, you may have an ectopic pregnancy: If you think that you can’t be pregnant because you have an IUD, there is a small chance that your missed period could be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy can happen sometimes due to the shape of the device and may not cause you to test positive on a pregnancy test. Your doctor can confirm or exclude this possibility with a pelvic examination or an ultrasound.
This article is an intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng with contributions from