Nigerian foods that boosts ovulation and fertility.
This article will answer the following google searches..
1. Fertility diet plan menu Nigeria
2. Foods that boost ovulation in nigeria
3. Foods that increase fertility in females
4. Locust beans and fertility
5. Ewedu and fertility
6. Nigerian herbs that boost fertility
Are you ready to conceive and you are having a hard time doing so?
There are certain foods that when consumed regularly will increase fertility and ovulation and consequently boost your chances of pregnancy.
Here are some foods you should include in your diet when trying to make a baby.
List of Nigerian diets that boost ovulation and fertility
- Dark leafy greens like spinach (or lettuce, swiss chard and arugula)
- Locust beans (Iru, kpeye, ogilishi ): : Zinc, Copper and Iron are micro-minerals that are found in fermented locust beans. These minerals especially zinc is a fertility booster for both females and males. It is also rich in magnesium and manganese. These are minerals that have been shown to contribute directly or indirectly to female fertility. Fermented locust bean is found in some of the Yorubic Medicine recipes to boost female fertility.
- Vitamin B12
- Yam: Research shows yams have an ovulation-stimulating substance that can help boost fertility.If you notice places with high yam consumption for example, Yorubaland, they have high fertility and high rate of twins
- Whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal, and barley all have key nutrients needed to boost fertility
- Dark chocolate
- Water melon
- Beans especially cowpea (kidney beans)
- Foods rich in omega – 3 fatty such as salmon, mackerel (scubium fish), trout, flax seed, oysters and so on. Omega-3 fatty acids increase blood flow to the reproductive organs, softens cervical mucus to aid easy passage or sperm, boosts ovulation, increases sex drive and increases libido.
- mud fish (Eja Obokun)
- Palm oil
- Olive oil
- Coconut water is very rich in phyto-hormones
- Date palm
- pomegranate has been linked to naturally increasing a woman’s libido, ovulation and fertility.
- Peaches helps fertility
- Sour sop
- Leaves like spinach, ewedu, ugu, okazi, ‘green’ and other dark, leafy greens can go a long way when it comes to ovulation and sperm.
- Shellfish: There are two kinds of shellfish: crustacea (such as shrimp, crab and lobster) and mollusks (such as clams, mussels, oysters and scallops). Shellfish contains B12, which can help strengthen the endometrium lining in egg fertilization and reduce the risk of having a miscarriage. This fish type is also a good source of selenium and essential fatty acids (antioxidants which protect the egg and sperm from free radicals.
- Guava has been found to improve the fertility of women
- diary products
- Oyster: Oysters have a reputation for increasing libido, but oysters can also be a great source of fertility because they are packed with zinc, which increases the production of good-quality eggs.
- Brazil nuts
- Water: Always stay well hydrated
- Cucumber boosts ovulation
- Tiger nuts
Women trying to conceive should avoid alcohol, caffeine, soft drinks, soy milk, and processed meat.
Caveat: Fertility is a two-way thing and the bulk does not solely stops at the woman’s table but also the man.