What does it mean when you feel like someone is holding you down in your sleep?
Trying to wake up but can’t open eyes?
This is one of the most scary expericence of my life. It began after I finished secondary school, awaiting admission, nothing to do, always home all day.
The very first night I had this experience, I was restless, I was awake, fully aware of my environment but couldn’t make any move, every of my efforts seems to not be working, I tried to scream I couldn’t open my mouth, I couldn’t open my eyes, I couldn’t lift a finger and I was breathing so hard, it felt like a heavy building was placed on my body, after struggling with it for a while it left and I stood up with so much fear in my heart.
I immediately began to pray to God to please preserve my life and shield me from all enemies, this thing became my daily experience, sometime I’ll have this experience like 3 times before day break and I became afraid of sleep, when it’s time to sleep I’ll sit with series because in my head demons work in the night and there is no way you can convince me that it wasn’t spiritual.
I began to sleep during the day while I watch movies at night, if I manage to doze off during the movie my subconscious mind would quickly wake me up because I don’t ever want to experience that thing again, it worked for a while and the sleep paralysis began to hunt me in the afternoon.
Once my mum is out and I’m done with my morning shores, I’ll return to bed to catch some sleep then this thing will just appear again, it’s now a case if I’m not safe in the night and either in the afternoon, it began when I was 16 and lasted till I clocked 21, when I clocked 21 I actually prayed to God that I don’t ever want to experience it again because it was a big concern to me then.
Earlier today I expericence this all over again, immediately I noticed I couldn’t move any part of my body, I maintained calmness, not trying to do anything such as open my eyes, move my body, talk or shout, I maintained the calmness and was meditating in my mind and the next minute it was gone, I stood up, took a deep breath drank some water and went back to my bed, the same thing repeat itself again and I reacted to it the way I did to the first and withing few secs I was free again.
I know many people are in this situation and many even bind and cast, many even try to call Jesus and do all sorts of things because to them that’s a demon oppressing them, relax bro and sis, it’s not a spiritual problem neither are you being oppressed by any demon, this is purely a medical case.
There are facts about sleep paralysis that you should know and they are all scientifically proven 👇👇👇👇
– It happens mostly to adults and often begins in the teen years.
– sleep paralysis happens when the brains awakens before the muscles
-it can occur when you have sleep disorder
– it can last for several minutes or few seconds if you are relaxed
– sleep paralysis is a fearful experience, it can be devastating
– hallucination is possible during this time
– it is genetic
-it can be prevented
What the causes are
– sleep deprivation or lack of sleep
– a change in your sleep schedule
– anxiety or stress
– mental health problem such as depression or bipolar disorder
– substance abuse
– some certain medications
How to help yourself with this because it is self diagnosed.
– get enough sleep, make sure you get 8 hours sleep in a day
– if you sleep on your back try new sleeping position
– try to get rid of stress
– when you expericence it do not try to fight it, fighting it makes it last longer than it should
– don’t try to speak or shout Jesus or open your eyes, maintain calmness and meditate.
– if it becomes a thing of worry please see your doctor.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng