How to get flat tummy after delivery in Nigeria.
Let’s not talk about when women have their tummy cut through to bring out the child and CS tummy’s hardly becomes flat again or after the whole tummy has stretched and then she’s left to deal with stretch marks for the rest of her life just because she birthed a child.
No woman owes you a perfect body after giving birth please, some women slip into depression after giving birth and loose self confidence because their unreasonable husbands expect them to magically get back their flat tummy’s, expect stretch marks to disappear.
Do you even have a single idea what a woman’s body goes through during pregnancy and giving birth? Please don’t be an unreasonable human. It is not easy for women…
My dear no woman plans to deliver through CS, it’s what life throws at you hence the big tummy afterwards which is also not deliberately planned because it depends on the genes of the woman too since she’s not allowed to work out till several months after.
WHAT EXERCISE CAN I DO AFTER CAESAREAN SECTION OR VAGINAL DELIVERY TO GET MY FLAT TUMMY BACK?
It is always important to consult your doctor before one resumes exercise after Caesarean section.
1. GET A MASSAGE
* Two to three weeks after delivery, one can safely get a post- pregnancy massage. This massage breaks up belly fat and help to lose fluid from the lymph nodes thereby reducing your waist line.
* However, you should avoid massaging the abdominal area during this time but focus on the back, hand and the legs.
* 6-8 weeks after delivery , when the scar tissue starts forming the abdominal area can be massaged gradually, slowly and gentle without pain. ( Consult your doctor first )
2 MOVE YOUR BODY
* I understand the pain one goes through after caesosection but early ambulation also helps. This is because a C-section cuts through some of your stomach muscles which result in a pouch of fat on your tummy. This causes stress on the abdominal muscle and pelvic floor .
* It is therefore important to wait for 6-8 weeks before you attempt any exercise.(Consult your doctor or midwife)
* Walking is a low impact exercise that burns calories safely. So one can go for a Walt 3-4 times in a week.
3. EAT HEALTHY
All mothers need a lot of energy when they are lactating . Your diet should be rich in carbohydrates, low in fats and loaded with vitamins and minerals. Eat fruits and vegetables and lean proteins .
4. TUMMY BINDING
* This should be done when incision has fully healed . The tummy can be tied with a cloth which looks like a bandage .
* This tummy binding is believed to push the tummy in. 😀😀😀. Everything you do should be in moderation and you should always consult your doctor if it’s appropriate for you.
* One of the easiest way to loose belly fats . Breastfeeding your baby exclusively after C-section. It burns about 500 extra calories a day .
* It also releases oxytocin hormones that stimulate uterine contractions and helps your uterus get back to it’s pre – pregnancy state
6. DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS & WATER
* Drink plenty of water after delivery. It helps maintain your fluid balance in the body but also burns the excess fat around your waist.
* Lemon water is a good home remedy to detox and reduces your weight. (Everything in moderation) because too much of everything is bad😃.
* You can mix lemon juice and honey in a lukewarm water and drink preferably in the morning.( Everything in moderation)
7. GET ADEQUATE SLEEP AND REST
8. kindly google pelvic tilts, planks , Kegels exercises , bridges , lower abdominal slide , forward bends,
❌ Always consult your doctor first before you resume an exercise .
❌ One you feel pains in the incision site during exercise, stop and report to your doctor or midwife.
❌ Everything should be in moderation .
♦️A healthy mother is a healthy baby ♦️
Jennifer Shamsia Ibrahim