What is mustard seed called in Nigeria? (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa) + 23 Health Benefits of Mustard seed.
What is mustard seed called in Yoruba: Koro mustardi
Name of Mustard seed in hausa: Not known
Name of mustard seed in Igbo: Not known
Alternative names: Ḥardal (Hebrew); Khardal (Arabic); Sinapi (Latin); Moustárda (Greek).
I don’t know if you’ve heard one time from our drug vendors in the bus,those that claim to know more than the pharmacist and even our pastors and, have the told you mustard seed can cure all forms of diseases even STDs and that it can nullify bad dreams – MUSTARD SEED.
As it is our culture let’s see it’s health benefits,with this we will know if these drug vendors are right which I doubt,let’s go.
1. The presence of compounds like glucosinolates and mirosinase in mustard seeds are known to use phytochemicals to inhibit the growth of cancer cells
2. Mustard seeds are a source of relief for people having rheumatic arthritis. The selenium and magnesium content in it helps in providing relief from this problem
3. Migraine occurrence also reduces owing to the magnesium content present in the mustard seed
4. A little touch of mustard to your fish can boost the constituting omega-3 content
5. Mustard seeds or mustard in general is known to relieve any congestion problems in respiration
6. It seeds should find an inclusion in your list of daily spices if you want to avoid
7. There are certain nutrients in mustard seeds that prevent diseases from occurring.
8. Mustard seeds are a good source of dietary fibres that improve digestion in the body.
9. They make the bowel movements better, thus improving the overall metabolism of the body
10. Selenium content in mustard seeds provides good resistance to the body against cancer cell formation.
11. A number of nutrients present in mustard seeds like copper, iron, magnesium and selenium also assist in the treatment of blood pressure and menopause relief.
12. These seeds are also known to be beneficial for Asthma patients.
13. The presence of minerals like copper, magnesium, iron and selenium in it are responsible for the prevention of Asthma attacks.
14. These seeds are a natural scrub 15. It helps remove all impurities from your face and nourishes it from within.
16. Mustard seeds make for a great source of carotene and lutein.
17. It is also a great power house of vitamin A, C and K. Together these nutrients make for an excellent antioxidant.
18. It helps fight against oxidative stress
19. These seeds contain a good amount of sulphur which is known for its anti-fungal properties. They help ward off skin infections.
20. Mustard oil, extracted from mustard seeds, is a good source of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is a great
23. Mustard seeds contain fatty acids. These are known to condition your hair from deep within. It also gives hair a good shine and bounce.
And this is all we have on mustard seed but I can’t see it nullifying dreams or treating STDs…
Be very conscious of your health,please do not buy drugs from chemist shop or drug vendors in the bus,please see your pharmacist for whatever drugs you are to take and please with a doctor’s prescription o.
Image Credit: Google