About carrot juice, I will discuss its recipes /ingredients, 35 health benefits and possible side effects. How to make carrot juice at home.
Top 35 Health Benefits of Carrot Juice
1. Carrot juice contains less calories and is very beneficial for weight loss.
2. The functioning and health of liver and digestive tract improves by the intake of carrot juice.
3. Carrot juice contains Vitamin E which helps in preventing cancer like leukemia, breast cancer and stomach cancer
4. Slows aging
5. Vitamin A present in carrot juice improves eye-sight and helps in bone disorders, osteoporosis etc.
6. It contains potassium. Potassium is a vasodilator and that means that it helps relax the tension in your blood vessels (veins and arteries). This in turn increases blood flow and circulation and helps reduce blood pressure.
7. Carrot juice is extremely beneficial for the liver as it reduces fat in the liver.
8. The juice revitalizes and tones the skin. Gives you a glowing skin
9. Carrot juice is very rich in beta-carotene which is an antioxidant and it prevents cell degeneration. The aging process is also slowed down.
10. Carrots contain beta-carotene which is converted into Vitamin A by our body. This natural vitamin A is very good for our body.
11. Boosts the immune system . Keeps us healthy
12. Maintains oral health- strong teeth and healthy oral mucosa
13. Improves brain health and cognitive function. Helps prevent Alzheimer disease
14. Boosts skin health and wound healing
15. Improves heart function. Carrot decreases the risk of health disease and stroke
16. Because of its high fibre content, carrots helps bowel movement and prevents constipation.
17. Assist Hay Fever sufferers from Hay Fever attack.
18. Improve bad breath (halitosis) due to indigestion, throat infection.
19. Good for the eyesight, eliminate red and tired eyes or dry eyes.
20. Promotes eye healing and reduces inflammation during conjunctivitis .
21. Gives some relief in menstrual cramps
22. Promotes healing of stomach ulcer
23. Help in the treatment and prevention of acne.
24. Protects us from all forms of allergies
25. Promotes the healing of throat infection
26. Beneficial during pregnancy.
27. May be helpful in the management of diabetes.
28. Promotes growth of healthy hair.
29. Improves appetite. An appetizer.
30. It is an excellent skin lightening agent.
31. Has been to the reduce complications in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
32. Reduces oxidative stress
33. Boost bile production in the liver
34. Reduces blood pressure and helps control hypertension.
35. As an excellent source of potassium, carrot juice can help you maintain a healthy cholesterol level. Lower cholesterol levels reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Recipes: How to make carrot juice
- 4 medium organic carrots, peeled
- 1 stalk celery, peeled
- 1 lemon
- 4 sweet oranges
- 1 inch fresh ginger nob, peeled
- a bit of water if you prefer thinner juice
- Chop the carrots and celery into 1 inch pieces, toss into a high powered blender.
- Squeeze in the lemon, and orange juice.
- Toss in the ginger.
- Blend well until it’s your preferred consistency.
- Enjoy! You may also serve cold.
Other ingredients you can use are apples and beetroots.
Possible side effects of carrot juices
While carrot juice has nutritional and health benefits, it’s important to drink in moderation as has potential but not very serious side effects.
First is food borne diseases. Fruit and vegetable juices that are freshly squeezed or have not been pasteurized may have a higher risk of carrying germs and causing food poisoning
Fruit or vegetable juices contain little to no fiber, therefore they provide limited satiety and no bulk to the colon. Also, excessive intake of beta-carotene can potentially change the coloring of your skin. It’s this vitamin that gives carrot its orange color. If you eat or drink too many carrots or carrot juice, your skin may temporarily develop a slight yellowish or orange tint.This effect is called carotenoderma.