Can a pregnant woman eat garlic and ginger?Is cooked garlic safe during pregnancy? Can garlic destroy pregnancy ? Can raw garlic cause miscarriage in early pregnancy?
Pregnant women use either garlic or ginger or both garlic and ginger to relieve their symptoms of morning sickness… Pregnant women I spoke to said they take garlic and ginger because it reduces the excessive salivation, nauseous feeling, vomiting and spitting associated with pregnancy.
Some other pregnant women take garlic and ginger because of its health benefits in pregnancy…They are rich in vitamins and minerals, clears stuffy nose, reduces cough and many more. The garlic and ginger is either taken raw or cooked. Some pregnant women take garlic, ginger and lemon to treat morning sickness.
But the question is this:
Can a pregnant woman eat garlic and ginger? Can raw garlic cause miscarriage in early pregnancy?
Garlic has wonderful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Garlic is completely safe during pregnancy and has many advantages if consumed with moderation. Eating too much garlic can cause heartburn and worsen stomach ulcer. However, garlic cannot prevent pregnancy, garlic cannot cause miscarriage whether eaten raw or cooked.
Ginger is a common folk treatment for stomach upset and nausea in pregnancy. There’s evidence that it helps digestion and saliva flow in pregnant woman. Studies found that taking ginger could ease nausea and vomiting in some pregnant women. But pregnant women should be careful with ginger, some medical experts worry that it could raise the risk of miscarriage, especially in high doses.
Summary, ginger and garlic are good in pregnancy if taken in moderate amounts… Excessive consumption of #ginger and garlic in pregnancy could be problematic.
Let us now discuss some of the general health benefits of garlic and ginger.
5 Benefits of Garlic:
1. It’s blessed with various medical properties that help the human body to heal.
2. It helps in reducing blood pressure.
3. It improves cholesterol levels that further reduces risk of heart disease.
4. It helps in detoxification of our body.
5. Garlic supplements are a blessing for athletics and fitness freaks.
5 Benefits of Ginger:
1. It helps in treating cold and cough also known to be a powerful antioxidant, ginger is considered to kill the virus better than many drugs!
2. It Reduces muscular pain and sore throats.
3. It treats Osteoarthritis (joint pains).
4. It treats chronic indigestion.
5. It is Helpful in combating many forms of nausea.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng
This post was last modified on August 26, 2021 6:18 pm