What is the Nigerian name for parsley leaf? – Yoruba, Igbo & Hausa names of Parsley. What are the health benefits of parsley leaf?
Nigerian local names for parsley:
Yoruba language: Effirin
Igbo language: Nchanwu in Igboland.
Hausa language: Ganyen faski or Lansil
Botanical names: Petroselinum hortense and/or Petroselinum crispum.
Today’s session,I picked a vegetable I have seen only once,it can be a confusing leaf with ewedu but a slight difference,it is called PARSLEY.
Let’s go through it’s health benefits
1. It helps lower insulin resistance
2. It’s myristicin content helps regulate blood sugar.
3. It helps remove toxins and germs from the body
4. It helps improve Kidney health
5. It’s flavonoids inhibits cell growth
6. It helps reduce oxidative stress
7. Parsley contains carnosol which is a compound used in the treatment of cancer
8. It improves heart health
9. It is a good source of Vitamin K which helps in the formation of bone cells
10. Traditionally parsley is used to treat digestive
and intestinal disorder
11. It acts as a probiotic fodder for good bacteria in the gut
12. Its extract has an anti ulcer effect
13. It helps boost immunity
14. Parsley helps regulate cholesterol
15. It helps in the regeneration of liver cells
16. Parsley has antibacterial properties which is used traditionally to fight germs
17. It helps in keeping the eye healthy by preventing it against oxidative damage
18. It reduces the risk of macular degeneration
19. Parsley is rich in copper,manganese,zinc, calcium and potassium which is essential for a healthy skin
20. It Vitamin C content helps slow down aging process
21. It helps repair cell and stimulates collagen production
22. It helps give the skin an even tone and prevents pigmentation.
23. Chewing parsley leaves can drastically reduce the smell of garlic breath.
And that’s a stop on parsley. Waoh the world of vegetable 🌶 is actually a very big one,we still have interesting things to learn when we are done with veggies 🌶 but my fear is I might not touch some. So what fruit did we eat today?, make sure to always Keep Fit, Stay Healthy and Stay Safe. See you soon!