UK Govt Abolishes UKVI IELTS For Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, and Dentists who have met the required professional score in IELTS ACADEMIC
10 things you need to know about this latest development IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
1) IELTS is one of the most recognized and accepted examinations to meet the English proficiency requirement of Nurses and doctors who wish to practice in the UK. OET(Occupational English test) is another test that is accepted for medical professionals who intend to migrate to UK
2) For nurses planning to practice in the UK, they need the IELTS test to meet two requirements: I)for NMC (Nursing and midwifery council) registration. (MOD IDP, IELTS standard and UKVI band of 7/9 in all modules) II)For UK Immigration(IELTS UKVI Band of 4/9 in all modules)
3) While you can use one stone to kill two birds by writing IELTS UKVI once, which can be used to meet the NMC requirement if you score over 7.0 in all modules and 6.5 in writing, you also need just 4.0 in all modules to meet the UK visa and immigration requirements.
4)The UK government have announced today, via their official website gov.uk that there is a waiver of IELTS UKVI for Nurses and doctors who desire to migrate to the UK as long as they have passed their IELTS academic(7/9 in all modules).
5)The Home Office which is the UK Immigration department has abolished the need for foreign educated Nurses, doctors, dentists, and other medical professionals to sit for UKVI IELTS after passing the Standard English Exams of IELTS and OET.
7) The Uk Home Office streamlined the English language testing, ensuring that doctors, dentists, nurses and midwives who have already passed an English language test accepted by the relevant professional body, do not have to sit another test before entry to the UK on a Tier 2 visa.
8) This change will make sure that hospitals and medical practices across the country will be able to access the staff they need more quickly in a a way expand the shortage of health care providers and the occupation list as claimed on their official website.
9) In case you have made payment for the test or have been scheduled for the test, do not panic. UKVI ielts still continues, the exam was not abolished, but it is no longer an extra criteria after meeting the requirements of IELTS academic for medical professionals migrating to Britain
10) In summary, all you need to do in other to meet the English proficiency requirement as a medical professional who desires to travel to the UK, is to score 7.0 in your listening, speaking, reading and 6.5 in writing for Nurses, and no need for an extra IELTS(UKVI). Thank you