The yellow card is an essential travel document.
The World Health Organisation mandates every international traveller takes a yellow fever vaccine.
If you are in other parts of Nigeria aside Lagos, locate any CDC, WHO, UNICEF, or UNESCO clinics in your state of residence to get the yellow fever vaccine.
The yellow fever vaccine can also be received at the Nigerian Immigration Service offices across the federation.
Approved yellow fever vaccination centres in Lagos
In Lagos, you can get the yellow fever vaccine and be issued a yellow card at the Ministry of Health, Port Health Office beside Toll gate. The Port Health Service is just before the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja.
Approved yellow fever vaccination centres in Abuja
In Abuja, yellow fever vaccine and yellow card are issued at the:
- Department of Port Health at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.
- Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) located at Shehu Shagari Complex, Airport Road, Sauki, Abuja Nigeria.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) situated at Maina Court Building Herbert Macaulay Way Central Business District,
- World Health Organization (WHO), 4th Floor, United Nations House Plot 617/618 Central Area District PMB 2861 Abuja, Nigeria.
- UNICEF, or UNESCO offices in Abuja.
- Federal Ministry of Health at Central Business District, Abuja.
- National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHDCDA office) also Public Health Department at plot 681/682 Port Harcourt Crescent, Garki, Abuja,
To get vaccinated at these centres you need to present your international passport (photocopy and original).
You are required to pay a token of #1,000 naira for the vaccine.
Yellow fever vaccine centres open at 8AM and they do not open on weekends. Go straight to the office and do not patronize touts.
All travellers must be vaccinated against yellow fever at least 10 days before their travel dates.
The yellow card is a proof of innoculation or vaccination for yellow fever.
It is the international certificate of vaccination or prophylaxis for yellow fever.
The yellow fever vaccine, once taken offers immunity for 10 years.
Several embassies make the yellow card a prerequisite for Visa application.
Nigeria no longer issue yellow fever card manually as it was prone to manipulations and forgery.
The government has introduced the electronic yellow card also known as the eYellow card.
The electronic yellow fever card is highly secured and globally accepted.
The electronic yellow card is issued within 5 days.
The yellow card is valid only for 10 years.
Embassies accept yellow fever card only from authorized government health agencies and NOT from private hospitals.
The electronic yellow card costs #2,000 naira.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE ELECTRONIC YELLOW CARD
2. Click on register.
3. Fill in your personal information.
4. Click on “Pay Now” but generate your Remita Retrieval Receipt (RRR) and pay the sum of #2,000 naira online (or pay at any bank).
5. Take the payment receipt along with your international passport to any Port Health Services Office to get vaccinated and obtain the new e yellow fever card.
Please Note: The authentic information on the approved centres for yellow fever vaccination in Ibadan, Oyo state is still elusive. Please fill us in if you have it in the comments section. Thank you.
Please leave a comment.