Heart to heart centres in Nigeria.
A Heart to heart centre or HIV/AIDs counselling centres in Nigeria can be a/an
1) They provide counselling services.
2) In the centre, you can get tested for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
3) You can trust them with your secrets. They maintain a very high level of confidentiality
4) The team members will educate you on the best way of living with HIV and still be able to achieve your life goals.
5) Even if you are not infected with the virus, you can get important information on HIV/AIDS from these centres.
6) Heart to heart centres in Nigeria provide moral support to persons living with HIV.
7) Most of the anti- retroviral drugs (HAART) in Nigeria are available in these testing and counselling centres. These drugs are offered to HIV patients free of charge.
1) Island Maternity Hospital, Lagos Island
2) Massey Children’s Hospital, Lagos Island
3) General Hospital, Isolo, Lagos
4) Badagry General Hospital, Badagry, Lagos State
5) General Hospital Gbagada,Lagos
6) General Hospital, Ikorodu, Lagos state
7) General Hospital, Epe, Lagos state
8) Igando-Ikoku Primary Health Care Centre, Ikokun, Lagos State
9) Mushin Primary Health Care Centre, Palm Avenue, Mushin, Lagos
10) Ebete-Metta Health Centre, Ebute-Meta, Lagos
11) General Hospital, Apapa, Lagos
12) General Hospital, Ajeromi, Lagos
13) Lagos Mainland General Hospital, Yaba, Lagos
14) Salvation Army, No 11 Odulami Street, Lagos Island, Lagos
15) Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Mushin, Lagos
16) Lagos State University Teaching Hospital
17) First Consultants Medical Centre, Obalende, Lagos
18) Lagos Mainland Hospital, Yaba, Lagos.
19) Foundation of Illiteracy, Poverty and AIDs, Victoria Island, Lagos.
20) Nasfat Health and HIV Initiative, Ilupeju, Lagos.
21) Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR), Yaba, Lagos.
22) Military Hospital Lagos Creek, Ikoyi, Lagos.
23) National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi, Lagos.
24) Some established private hospitals like St Nicholas, Eko hospitals and Reddington hospital are HIV treatment centres in Lagos.
Some of the centres above only provide counselling and testing services and not TREATMENT.
25) National Hospital Abuja, FCT.
26) Gwagwalada Specialist Hospital, Gwagwalada, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
27) St. Mary’s Catholic Hospital, Gwagwalada, FCT.
28) Wuse General Hospital, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja, FCT.
29) Gwarzo General Hospital, Gwarzo, Kano State
30) Danbatta General Hospital, Danbatta, Kano State
31) Kura General Hospital, Kura, Kano State
32) Infectious Disease Hospital, Kano
33) SWAAN VCT Centre, Kano
34) Amino Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano
35) Wudil General Hospital, Wudil, Kano State
36) Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital, Kano
37) University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City, Edo state
38) Irrua Specialist Hospital, Irrua, Edo state
39) Central Hospital, Benin city, Edo state
40) St. Philomena Catholic Hospital, Benin city, Edo state
41) St. Charles Boromeo Catholic Hospital, Onitsha, Anambra State
42) Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Anambra
43) Our lady of Lourdes Catholic Hospital, Ihiala, Anambra State
44) General Hospital, Ekwulobia, Anambra state
45) General Hospital, Awka, Anambra state
46) University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri, Borno state
47) Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, IMO state
48) Federal Medical Centre, Owo, Ondo state.
49) University of Medicine, Ondo.
READ ALSO: DRUGS FOR HEPATITIS B IN NIGERIA
50) Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
51) Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, Kogi state.
52) University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo state.
53) Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho, Oyo state
54) University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Nsukka, Enugu.
READ ALSO: CURRENT MALARIA TREATMENT IN NIGERIA
55) Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (OAUTH), Ife, Osun state
56) Federal Medical Centre, Keffi, Nassarawa.
Some of these centres have facilities for doing routine tests like Cd4 count and viral load. Cost of Cd4 count is around #7,000-#8,000 naira and viral load is the same amount. These tests are free in some centres.
Are there other heart to heart centres in Nigeria you know? Please a need your input. Thank you.
Read more on the World Health Organisation website