How to become a nurse in UK from Nigeria…
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GETTING A JOB AS A NURSE IN THE UK 🇬🇧 FROM NIGERIA.
Nurses are in high demand either in the UK or US because of their central role in healthcare.
And Yes, you can get job as a Nurse and relocate to work in the UK with your family, from Nigeria.
This pathway applies for whether you have a RN or BSc qualification.
How to become a nurse in UK from Nigeria
There are 6 main steps:
1. The first step is to do the IELTS Academic Exams(N75k) or OET (N140k). This can be done in Nigeria – Enugu, Port-Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja. For IELTS, you need a minimum of 7 overall.
2. The second step is to register with the Nursing Medical Council, UK. The registration costs £140 and you can pay with your card online.
3. The third step is to apply for a Verification and Letter of good standing to the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN). Cost is N17,500 and can be done through REMITA.
4. After your verification, the fourth step is to do the NMC CBT exam Part 1 (£83). This can be done in Nigeria at Person Vue CBT Centres. Pearson Vue CBT Centres are in Enugu, Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja. Almost in all the states.
5. If you pass this exam, the fifth step is to get a job as a pre-registration nurse (Band 3-4) in the UK. You can get this job from Nigeria. Once you sign the contract of the job you like, the trust will send you a Certicate of Sponsorship (Cos) for your Tier 2 work Visa. If you have a family, you can move with them to the UK. 🇬🇧
6. While doing this job as a pre-registration nurse after relocating, you will then do the 2nd Part of the NMC Exams (OSCE) – £794.Most employers in the UK pay for the registration of this OSCE exam. If you pass this, you will get registered with the NMC Council and work as a registered licensed Nurse (Band 5) in the UK.
Other miscellaneous costs are costs for TB Certificate (N55k) and Police clearance (N2-10k,depending on location) that you need to sort our before leaving Nigeria.
Simple, right? 😊
Get to work. ❤️
©Kelvin Alaneme, 2023.