Is ponmo good for pregnant woman? Is cow skin good for pregnant woman?
The exact topic of this article first appeared on www.nimedhealth.com.ng
Of course yes. Pregnant women can eat welle, ponmo, kpomo, Kanda or cowskin without fear of having any deleterious effect on their baby. Cowskin or Ponmo is safe in pregnancy and does not cause abortion, miscarriage or congenital birth defects.
Just ensure you get the kpomo from trusted source because it is common to see in the news Ponmo that was stored or preserved with some dangerous chemicals like formalin. These chemicals are hazardous to our health…
Aside this, Ponmo bought in the market or prepared directly from fresh cow meat is healthy, nutritious and safe in pregnancy.
Ponmo is rich in magnesium, collagen, calorie, calcium, fibre etc that is essential for the healthy growth of pregnancy.
It is not also true that Ponmo is not nutritious or contain no nutrients as widely claimed…
Here are some health benefits of Ponmo you should know.
There are many benefits of Kpomo meat which Nigerians don’t know.
In this writeup, I will list only five benefits of eating Kpomo as Federal government plans to ban the meat in order to rivive leather industry.
(1) Kpomo meat is good for for weight loss : This is because of one piece of kpomo has only 47 calories.
It is pertinent to note that reducing your consumption of calories will reduce your energy intake and also help you lose weight.
(2) Kpomo is helpful for strong bones and teeth : This is because
Kpomo contains calcium and phosphorus, which are essential minerals needed for the development of strong bones and teeth.
According to researchers and medical practitioners, calcium is needed by the body for the development of strong bones and teeth because all calcium in the body is stored in the bones and teeth. It gives the bones and teeth their structures and hardness.
Phosphorus is the second most abundant mineral in the body. It is also needed for the proper development of strong bones and teeth because almost all the phosphorus in the body is stored in the bones and teeth.
(3) Kpomo helps in improving cholesterol and blood levels.
(4) Kpomo also helps in preventing diseases such as heart disease, bowel cancer, and diabetes.
(5) Finally, Kpomo helps in regulating muscle and nerve function. This is because Kpomo contains magnesium which is a mineral that is responsible for the regulation of muscle and nerve function in the body.
These Five Benefits Of Eating Kpomo was written By Wisdom Nwedene