20 health benefits of pineapple in the body.
Welcome to www.nimedhealth.com.ng
Every single fruit has their own PECULIAR BENEFITS! And Pineapple is one fruits that can’t be offered a last seat in the gathering of FRUITS!! The health benefits of pineapple cannot be overstated. Indeed, it can help with everything from immune support to cancer prevention. Especially since it’s easy to add pineapple to your daily routine.
SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT PINEAPPLE!!
✅ Pineapple was discovered on the island of Guadalupe in 1493 by the Europeans
✅The skin is used in the production of Alcohol and Vinegar.
✅The name was derived from the Spanish word “Pina” meaning pine cone.
SOME OF HEALTH BENEFITS OF PINEAPPLE YOU SHOULD KNOW
1. 📝 AIDS DIGESTION: Due to the presence of ANTIOXIDANT Vitamin C and Digestive enzyme BROMELAIN, few pieces of Pineapple after eating can ease that bloating.
2. 📝 REDUCES THE RISK OF BLOOD CLOTTING: Still the grace Bromelain provides, it’s gonna thin out any blood clot.
3. 📝 HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANT: ANTIOXIDANT in pineapple will help to prevent chronic Inflammation and fight off free radicals. High in vitamin C, which is a good source of antioxidant.
4. 📝 HIGH in DIETARY FIBER which will slow down the rate of Absorption and provide satiety. Will also prevent Constipation.
5. 📝 CONTAINS THESE MINERALS
6. 📝 CONTAINS THESE VITAMINS
VITAMIN K( A FAT SOLUBLE VITAMIN)
7. 📝 NATURAL ENERGISER due to the presence of chemical substance VALINE and LEUCINE which promote growth and repair of muscle tissues.
8. 📝 HYDRATING due to the High water content.
9. 📝 Contain SEROTONIN, the natural STRESS AND SLEEP BOOSTER HORMONE!!
10. Boost Immune system
A single serving of pineapple contains over 130 percent of the daily recommendation for vitamin C, a vitamin that helps maintain a healthy immune system. It is also an antioxidant that protects the body against free radicals that can lead to cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and other degenerative conditions.
11. Reduction of inflammation
Pineapple helps reduce inflammation in joints and muscles. The relatively rare proteolytic enzyme, bromelain found in pineapple, helps break down proteins that can damage joints. Bromelain also helps reduce inflammation and may ease your arthritis pain.
12. Improved mental health
Tryptophan helps the body make serotonin, one of our main “happy hormones”. Adding pineapple to your diet can help you fight depression or anxiety.
13. Improved bone strength
With almost 75 percent of the daily recommendation for the mineral manganese, pineapple can help strengthen bones.Manganese and other trace minerals may help prevent osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, in a Linus Pauling Institute study.
14. Cancer prevention
Research shows that pineapple can directly prevent breast, throat and mouth cancer.A study published in the British Journal of Cancer found that the pineapple combination of bromelain, beta-carotene, vitamin A, manganese and a variety of flavonoid compounds can help prevent cancer in older people.
15. Improved digestion
According to the Mayo Clinic, the bromelain in pineapple may help improve digestion. The high dietary fiber content of the fruit contributes to regularity and improves gut health. It might even help you lose weight by reducing inflammation in the gut.
16. Treatment of coughs and colds
The high bromelain and vitamin C content in pineapples helps prevent respiratory disease, but if you already have a cough or cold, pineapple can help cleanse your sinuses and reduce drainage.
16. Gum strengthening and teeth whitening
Research has found that the enzyme bromelain in pineapples acts as a natural stain remover, according to Dr. Frawley. Bromelain also helps break down plaque effectively.
17. Thyroid regulation
Pineapples contain iodine and bromelain which are effective in improving various autoimmune disorders; thus, effective in relieving symptoms associated with thyroiditis.
18. Eliminates parasites from the liver and intestines
Pineapples contain a brominated woolen enzyme, which is antiparasitic. A few sources claim that a three-day pineapple fast will kill the tape worms.
19. Quick Recovery from surgery.
The natural antioxidants found in pineapples may help your body fight disease. So we know pineapples can help boost immunity and decrease inflammation. But did you know this golden fruit can help with arthritis and may even help speed recovery after surgery.
Yet what is most impressive to me, especially this time of year, is that pineapples contain Bromelain.
20. Pineapple Cures cough and reduce much
Bromelain is an enzyme known for its ability to break up excess mucous and reduce the production of mucus. So the next time you get a cough and have congestion or mucus buildup eat some pineapple. A natural expectorant.
If you’ve cleared a cough or congestion with pineapples let me know!
PINEAPPLE IS HIGH IN SUGAR WHICH MAKES IT HIGH ON THE SCALE OF GLYCEMIC INDEX, SO CONSUME MODERATELY TO AVOID YOUR BLOOD BEING SPIKED IF YOU’RE A DIABETIC PATIENT!!
✅IF YOU ARE DIABETES, AVOID PINEAPPLE JUICE INSTEAD EAT THE FRUIT SO THE FIBER IN THERE CAN SLOW THE ABSORPTION DOWN.
✅DUE TO THE HIGH AMOUNT OF VITAMIN C, PINEAPPLE CAN TRIGGER HEARTBURN AND DIARRHEA IN SOME PEOPLE.
ANY QUESTION?? LET’S KNOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION.
The article on 20 health benefits of pineapple was written by Rodhiyah AO and Dr Udomoh