Hospital bag checklist for mom and baby South Africa…List of items required during delivery for baby in South Africa. Baby preparation list South Africa.
I am going to do a compilation of the Items needed for delivery in South Africa. Delivery can be through C-section or vagina birth…. Irrespective of the route of delivery, a South African pregnant woman in labour should go to the hospital with the following maternal list that are essential for her and the baby…
What do you need to pack for baby delivery in South Africa….? Here is the Baby preparation list South Africa.
List of items required during delivery for baby in South Africa
Delivery List for expecting pregnant Moms based on compilations by South African nurses and midwives.
1. Nailcutter set
2. Hair/comb set
3. Cardigan and sweater
4. Stockings,cap and handglove to protect baby from cold.
5. 5 short sleeve pin ups
6. 5 long sleeve pin ups
7. Cover all.
8. Baby bib
9. Flannel and blankets or wrapper.
10. Mouth towel to clean spittle.
11. Spirit and cotton wool to clean novel.
12. Penicillin or blueseal Vaseline to rub on circumcision for baby boys or in case of nipple crack or injury.
13. Baby wipes
14. Baby hair oil.
15. Preferred baby body cream or oil.
16. Baby bed or cot based on your budget cos it’s not too good for baby to lie on same bed with you cos of sensitive skin.
17. Baby feeding bottles, plates and spoon.
18. Glucose D or NAN formulae for newborns incase you haven’t produced breast milk yet it can be given with warm boiled water for the first day.
19. Diapers,3kg-6kg for newborn
20. Hot water flask.
21. Baby pack bag
22. Baby carrier or wrapper.
22. Baby bath towel.
23. Baby sponge.
24. Baby bath set as it has a special bucket,soap dish and potty for the baby.
25. Baby laundry soap.
26. Baby drawer or clothes box( based on budget)
27. Umbilical/Navel clip.
29. Baby nasal extractor
30. Baby powder and balm.
MOTHER WILL NEED
1. Provisions for tea
2. Fruits should be always available for strength and nutrients to replenish blood and breastmilk.
3. Anything else you need to keep you happy and relaxed.
4. Free clothes.
5. Mothercare bra.
6. Comfit pads.
7. Delivery mat.
8. Razor blades cos there might be a need to shave to avoid your pubic hair from infecting or wounding the baby.
9. Breast pad to avoid milk spill stains.
10. Toiletries, sponge and towels incase you need to bath.
11. Your phones and charger or power bank.
12. Buy airtime, recharge your phones.
READ ALSO: Hospital delivery list in Nigeria
Feel free to add yours. Someone might definitely need this so share please.
Disclaimer: this isn’t a baby delivery list from any particular hospital or maternity home in South Africa, it’s just a list compiled from experience with nurses and midwives input. Thanks.
May our good Lord provide everything we need to welcome our baby or babies and may all the resources be made available, Amen.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng