Quail eggs Advantages and disadvantages = benefits and side effects of quail eggs… Quail eggs Vs chicken eggs, which is better?
THE HEALING WONDERS OF QUAIL EGG
It may sound ironical to say that eggs could give a wonderful health benefits despite all that have been talked about eggs in connection with cholesterol and cardiovascular risk. Well nature sometimes have a way of making us a little confused so that we will think more about the mysteries and wonders in her plans of events. A particular kind of egg from a bird called quail has been found to possess some nutritional and medicinal properties.
Quail is any of several species of small short -tailed game birds (family phasianidae), some with a head plume that is straight or curled forward. Species range from 5 to 13 in. (13-33cm) long.
Figure 26 shows quails and their eggs which are usually small in size. They are found to have high contents of vitamins and minerals needed by the boy, and that is why they have been found useful in the management of different disease conditions. In fact, Chinese medical practitioners have been using quail eggs as a treatment for hundreds of years with brilliant results. Their nutritional value is 3-4 times higher than that of chicken eggs.
Quail egg cholesterol compared to chicken egg
Quail eggs are generally accepted medically because of its high content of HDL (good) cholesterol, with very little or no LDL (bad) cholesterol. As earlier mentioned, HDL cholesterol acts like a detergent which mops up fat deposits in the blood vessels and sends them to the liver for metabolism.
Through this way, HDL cholesterol keeps the cardiovascular system in a good and healthy state. Eggs from most birds (example chicken, turkeys, etc) are not heart -friendly because of their high content of bad (LDL) cholesterol which damages the cardiovascular system, this is not so with quail eggs.
Additionally, the level of bacteria contamination (like salmonella that causes typhoid diseases) of quail eggs is far less compared to that of chicken eggs. This is because the body temperature of quails is higher than that of chickens, and also due to higher content of lysozyme (which kills bacteria) in the quail eggs.
Health benefits and advantages of quail eggs
Quail eggs have been found to be useful in the following disease conditions:
1. useful in digestive tract disorders such as gastritis, stomach and duodenal ulcers.
2. they can help to cure anemia by increasing the hemoglobin content of the blood.
3. Quail eggs are very useful in diabetes management. Quail eggs consumption on daily basis has given a good blood sugar control in the diabetics; they are therefore advised to take this egg about 2 daily to prevent the discomforts and complications of diabetes mellitus.
4. very useful in prevention and management respiratory diseases like bronchial asthma, tuberculosis,etc
5. they have strong anticancer effects and may help inhibit cancerous growth.
6. they help to remove stones from liver, kidneys and gallbladder. They can even prevent the formation of these stones.
7. they are powerful stimulants of sexual potency. Daily intake of quail eggs (about two eggs) has been found to significantly improve sexual performance in men, especially those with erectile dysfunctions.
8. they promote good memory, enhance brain activities, and regulate the nervous system.
9. they strengthen the immune system, slow down aging of organs and increase life span.
10 they improve skin colour, strengthen hair making it shiny and voluminous.
11. useful in stress and physical fatigue management as well as other disease conditions.
From these and many more beneficial points, there is need for one to incorporate quail eggs in his/her daily meal, especially if one is down with any of the above mentioned disease conditions. Even in the absence of these conditions, there is need for one to eat quail eggs regularly for a healthy living.
Remember that other eggs contain high level of bad cholesterol, and so should be approached with caution ;The good thing with quail eggs is that they contain the good cholesterol which the body needs.
Disadvantages and side effects of quail eggs
No major side effect of quail eggs has been reported… As for the risk of allergy, quail eggs hardly ever trigger allergic reactions. Iy is a safe egg but you have to eat it with moderation. Other disadvantages of quail eggs that some people have complained about is that the eggs are expensive and hard to get compared to chicken eggs.
Below is a picture of quail birds and their eggs. The eggs can be procured from the ministry of agriculture in your area and at cheap rates. Go for quail eggs today and experience the health benefits.
I hope you enjoyed this article on quail eggs advantages and disadvantages… Please leave a comment.
This article on quail eggs advantages and disadvantages was written by Anthony Maduka (M. PHARM) with contributions from www.nimedhealth.com.ng