Is watermelon good for ulcer patients? Is watermelon juice good for ulcers?
Is watermelon OK for ulcer? Read below👇
Yes. Watermelon is one of the safest fruits for stomach ulcer patients. Water melon is not acidic and cannot worsen ulcer pains or trigger ulcer pain crisis. Watermelon fruit actually promote gastric ulcer healing and coats the ulcer wound. It contains citrulline, a chemical substance that helps widen blood vessel and promote blood flow to the stomach. Citrulline is like nitric oxide, a chemical agent that causes generalized vasodilation and increased blood flow. Watermelon seeds have also been shown to have by scientific studies to have anti-ulcer activities.
So, if you have peptic ulcer, eat lots of water melon, it is good for ulcer and helps your ulcer to heal fast… Watermelon contains plenty of water that can help neutralize the excess stomach acid. You can eat watermelon melon fleshy fruit or blend it into a smoothie or juice. You can drink water melon juice if you have gastric ulcer, it soothes ulcer pains. Watermelon is also good for persons with mouth ulcers.
Don’t forget water melon contains essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, K and E that promotes healing and prevents bleeding.
Here are other fruits that have been confirmed to help ulcer healing and good for stomach ulcer patients..
– Vitamin U, Presents in cabbages is the factor that can heal the ulcer.
– Contains Fiber that aids in digestion and absorbs zinc and other minerals.
– Contains sulforaphane that helps in fighting with the Helicobacter Pylori Bacteria.
– Contains flavonoids, that inhibit the growth of Helicobacter Pylori.
– Vitamin A in Carrots, helps in warding off stomach ulcer, gastric inflammation or indigestion.
– Contains sulforaphane that can eliminate the bacteria which cause stomach ulcer.
– Rich sources of antioxidants and nutrients, which helps in improving your immune system.
CAVEAT: ULCER PATIENTS SHOULD AVOID CITRUS FRUITS LIKE ORANGES, LIME, GRAPES, TANGERINE ETC. MANGO AND AFRICAN STAR APPLE (AGBALUMO) SHOULD ALSO BE AVOIDED. THESE FRUITS CONTAIN A LOT OF ACID THAT CAN TRIGGER ULCER PAINS AND DELAY STOMACH ULCER HEALING.
Stomach ulcers, also known as gastric ulcers, are open sores that develop on the lining of the stomach. Ulcers can also occur in part of the intestine just beyond the stomach. These are known as duodenal ulcers. Both stomach and duodenal ulcers are sometimes referred to as peptic ulcers.
This article is the intellectual property of www.nimedhealth.com.ng