Amazing Health benefits of fennel seeds (to skin, hair, etc)
Tonight it’s FENNEL SEEDS. To start with Fennel seed is the fruit of Foeniculum vulgare or what we commonly known as fennel a flowering plant in the carrot family.
What is fennel seed called in Nigeria?
What is the local name of fennel seed?
Yoruba name of fennel seed: the Yoruba name for fennel plant us not yet known.
Fennel seed in hausa: fennel iri
Fennel seed in igbo: not known
This is so because the fennel plant is not indigenous to Nigeria.
Health benefits of fennel seeds (to skin, hair, etc)
Let’s see it’s health benefits
1. It’s is used to treat an array of digestive ailment including heartburn, intestinal gas, colic in infants
2. It has antispasmodic and carminative effects.
3. It’s phytonutrients helps clear sinuses
4. It helps heal other respiratory ailments like bronchitis, cough and congestion
5. It helps freshen one’s breath and keeps bad breath at bay
6. It is a good addition to diabetes diet
7. It may increase breast growth(make sure you talk to your doctor before using fennel seeds for this purpose)
8. It helps in the treatment of edema
9. It may help boost fertility.
10. Nitrite content in the seed may helps lower blood pressure
11. It helps promote weight loss
12. It helps treat menstrual symptoms like cramps and hot flashes
13. It helps treat sleeping disorder (insomnia)
14. It helps improve one’s skin appearance.
15. It helps improve hair health by treating dandruff,scalp itchiness, hair breakage, hair fall e.t.c
• How to use Fennel for your hair
First, prepare fennel seed tea. You can pound three tablespoons of fennel seeds. Alternatively, you may choose to invest in readymade fennel seed powder. Boil two cups of water and add it to the powdered seeds. Keep the solution aside for about 15 minutes. Use it as the last rinse after you have shampooed and conditioned your hair.
You may also use a fennel seed-vinegar solution. You can use apple cider vinegar and glycerin along with fennel seeds to prepare a solution to treat an itchy and dry scalp. Boil a cup of water. Pour it over a spoon of crushed fennel seeds placed in a small bowl.
Wait for 30 minutes. Add a spoon of vegetable glycerin and apple cider vinegar. Filter the solution with a cheese cloth. Massage the mixture into your scalp and hair and leave it on for some time. Rinse. The best part is that this tonic can be stored in a glass container for weeks.
• How to you Fennel seeds for your skin
To tone your skin, you can take a handful of fennel seeds and add them to boiling water. Allow to cool. Add a few drops of fennel essential oil to the mixture.
Filter it. Dab it to your face with the help of cotton balls as many times as you can throughout the day. Your skin will feel toned and thoroughly refreshed.
You can also use fennel seed steam facial for enhanced skin texture. Add a tablespoon of fennel seeds to one liter of boiling water. Lean over it and cover your head and neck with a towel for 5 minutes. Do this twice a week to clean the pores and make your skin glow.
You can also use a face mask. Prepare a fennel seed infusion by adding a tablespoon of fennel seeds to half a cup of boiling water. Wait for 30 minutes and add a tablespoon each of oatmeal and honey to it. Make a smooth paste and apply it to your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
And this is all I have on fennel seeds. And I am happy to tell that this is where I’ll put a hold on vegetables and fruits for now.