ENCHANTED AFANG SOUP RECIPE & HEALTH BENEFITS OF AFANG SOUP.
-Grinded afang (ukazi) -Waterleaf
-Periwinkle -Palm oil
-Crayfish -Seasoning cubes (Knorr)
-Fresh pepper -Cow skin (kpomo)
-Dry fish -Stock fish
NOTE : Quantify your leaves according to the size of your intended soup broth.
ENCHANTED AFANG SOUP RECIPE
A Thread#EnchantedCouple #EnchantresxEtLuna #Recipe #Food pic.twitter.com/rgLoSSgEHY
— The Axenic Family (@TheAxenicFamily) July 2, 2020
1) Pour your mediumly diced beef into the pot and steam for about 20 minutes with seasoning cubes and part of your grinded fresh pepper.
2) Add your kpomo and stock fish and steam until tender.
3) Then add your periwinkle, crayfish, dry fish and palm oil. Add salt to taste and if need be add more pepper. Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
4) Pour your thoroughly chopped waterleaf into the pot and cover to cook for 5 minutes max (Try not to over cook them)
5) Add your afang, stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
NOTE : Pls make sure the quantity of afang is smaller than that of the waterleaf (about ½ size smaller). The reason is that, too much of the afang leaves will result in a slightly bitter taste.
6) Your Enchanted afang soup is READY! Serve with any swallow of your choice or just lick your extra rich soupFace savouring food.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AFANG SOUP
1. Because of the presence of iodine in the okazi leaves it helps to prevent and treat goiter.
2. Afang has high dietary fibre, which help in reducing constipation and weight loss.
3. It boosts immunity and helps the body against any form of disease.
4. Afang soup helps in slowing down the conversion of sugar and digestion, because of the presence of waterleaf component in treating diabetes.
💠The seeds can be chewed raw for controlling excessive urination in kids and adults as well. Used in the treatment of overactive bladder.
💠The pedicles can be cut, crushed and mixed with soap, which when used for washing the hair stimulates hair growth and makes the hair black.
💠It serves as an antidote for many forms of poisons.
💠Traditionalists use the afang leaves to prepare medicines used in treating children suffering from measles.
💠The seeds of the G. africanum can be used as fungicide for dressing wounds.
💠 Afang soup in anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer.
💠 The soup is so rich that it can be passed for a balanced diet.
You can eat afang soup with all forms of swallow – eba,fufu, Amala, semovita, pounded yam, starch, and wheat. It can also be used to eat rice.
The Axenic Family