AN overview of hair extensions (weavons) in Nigeria (Remy hair, human hair, Raw hair) and their prices.., Weavon in Nigeria and their prices, weavon in Nigeria and their names, cheap weavons in Nigeria, cheap weavons in Nigeria.
AN OVERVIEW OF HAIR EXTENSIONS IN NIGERIA (WEAVONS) IN NIGERIA (REMY HAIR, HUMAN HAIR, RAW HAIR) AND THEIR PRICES.
The use of hair extensions have become a popular trend in today’s society. Hair extensions can be used to add length and volume to thin, short and receding hair.
The human hair industry is extremely lucrative. In fact, it’s a multibillion dollar market.
There was a time when no one talked about wearing hair weaves. Many women couldn’t afford to buy a weave. Back then, the fact that the hair on their heads didn’t actually grow out of their scalps was a hush-hush affair. But not anymore.
Today, many women experiment with their hair in every length, color, and texture. Instead of simply adding inches and volume to your style, hair weaves have become a way to introduce variety to your style repertoire. Plus, there are actually some benefits to wearing weaves. If you’ve never thought about wearing extensions before, it’s time to find out why a weave might be a great option for you.
BENEFITS OF WEARING A WEAVE
1. WEAVES ARE LOW MAINTENANCE – Weaves reduce the amount of time spent styling your hair. Wearing a weave will allow you to style your hair in a hurry. Human hair weaves offer more versatility than synthetics, but are still generally easy to care for.
2. WEAVES ARE PROTECTIVE – In the case of sewn-in hair weaves, your hair is typically braided close to the scalp and extension hair is added in wefts. The extension hair takes the daily wear-and-tear, so your natural hair is protected from the elements as well as heat styling. Your hair won’t have to suffer abuse from blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons or hot rollers. It won’t be affected by harsh weather or cotton pillowcases. Instead, a protective style will shield your hair from all of those routines and outside influences that can slowly split your ends.
3. WEAVES ARE LOW COMMITMENT – weaves are designed to be worn for a short amount of time. You’re not stuck with a weave forever, which is perfect for women who like to switch things up often. If you’re not crazy about how your weave style looks on you, you can either change it or remove it.
4. WEAVES LET YOU EXPERIMENT – Want a new color? Or to see how you look with straight hair without using heat or relaxers? How about trying an ultra-short cut without having to snip your long tresses? Weaves let you experiment without the worry of damaging your own hair. This can be especially helpful to women who have to be careful about the types of chemicals they use.
TYPES AND CLASSIFICATIONS OF HAIR EXTENSIONS, WEAVES, AND WIGS
On a broader scale, there are two types of hair extensions which are, human hair extensions and synthetic hair extensions. This overview will discuss human hair extensions only. Human hair extensions are exactly what they sound like. They are made out of real, human hair from top to bottom, collected from a donor. However, human hair extensions are classified into 4 sub types which are as follows :
1. RAW HAIR : This is hair gotten from a single donor that has not gone through any chemical or mechanical processing e.g permed, steamed, dyed, bleached etc. They are simply washed and sewn into wefts. It is the most expensive in the market.
2. REMY HAIR : Contrary to popular opinion in Nigeria that Remy hair is packet hair, Remy hair is actually next to raw hair in quality. It’s characteristic feature is that all hair from top to bottom go in the same direction, keeping the cuticles intact. It is also expensive and very rare.
3. 100% human hair : This is also completely made of real human hair but they have been mechanically processed and chemically stripped off their cuticles which makes some degree of matting and tangling possible. The hair grading system is employed here ( currently grade 3A-12A) are available. The higher the number, the better the quality, but it’s important to know that there is no standard grading system, it differs with companies. Hence, one company’s grade 10A can be of the same quality as another’s grade 8A. This is why having a trusted supplier is important. They are less expensive compared to raw and Remy hair respectively.
PS : The price of original human hair is varies from as low as #30000 to as high as over #650, 000, depending on the quality, length and weight . ( usually sold in 100g bundles. 2 – 3 bundles are enough for full fix)
4. HUMAN HAIR QUALITY : These are commonly referred to as blend hair or human hair fibre. They are human hair mixed with heat resistant fibres or synthetic fibres or even animal hair. They initially look like real human hair but after using for a short while, they begin to tangle. They are cheaper than 100% human hair. The durability and price depends on the percentage of real hair in it and the material it was mixed with and the length . Hence some can cost as high as #30,000 Naira and others as low as #5000 Naira.
Sadly, there are dozens of misconceptions about human hair extensions especially about their origin and I hope to give you correct information in the nearest future.
OKOGBENI JOANNA EJOVWOKE
Call, text or email: