List of state universities that offer nursing in Nigeria, state university offering nursing in NIGERIA, private universities that offer nursing in nigeria, federal universities offering nursing in Nigeria, Universities that of B.Sc Nursing (Bachelor degree in Nursing) in Nigeria, cut off mark for nursing in universities, list of private universities that offer nursing in nigeria, best university for nursing in Nigeria.
This article is for young school leavers who have made up their minds to study Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (BNSc) but do not know the accredited universities in Nigeria that offer the course/programme.
General Requirements for Studying Nursing in any University in Nigeria
As a prerequisite, students……
- Must a minimum of credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Biology and Chemistry in either WAEC or NECO at one sitting
- Must have written Physics, Use of English, Chemistry and Biology in JAMB (UTME).
- Must get a cut-off mark of at least 240 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to be eligible for the Post-UTME exams. I pegged it at 240 because it brightens your chances of admission.
- Must beat the University cut-off mark for Nursing in the post-UME. Score high. It is a competitive course.
List of federal universities offering Nursing in Nigeria (full accreditation)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
- Bayero University Kano (BUK)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ife
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Usmanu Danfodiyyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
- University of Ibadan (UNIBADAN)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
List of state universities that offer Nutsing Science in Nigeria (full accreditation)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
- Benue State University, Markurdi (BSU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) (fomerly Anambra State University)
- Delta State University (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Enugu State University of Science & Technology (ESUT)
- Gombe State University (GSU), Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Imo State University (IMSU)
- Kogi State University (KSU)
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, Ogun
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
- Lagos State University
- Delta State University Abraka
- Niger Delta University (NDU), Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa
Private University that offers Nursing in Nigeria (full accreditation)
- Afe Babalola University (ABUAD)
- Babcock University (BABCOCK)
- Covenant University
- Bingham University
- Bowen University
- Igbinedion University, Okada
- Gregory Umiversity, Uturu, Abia State
- Madonna University
- Lead City University (LCU)
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
Aspiring young nurses in Nigeria can attend a five-year university nursing science course where they can take courses in core subjects leading to a Bachelor of Nursing Sciences degree as well as study towards a RN, Registered Midwife (RM) or Registered Public Health Nurse (RPHN) award.
Completion of these programmes must include a one-year internship in an approved health care facility.
Recommeded: List of MDCN accredited medical schools in Nigeria
Caveat: There is nothing like the term “best university for nursing in Nigeria”, just ensure the university of your choice is accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) and have a teaching hospital to facilitate your clinical training or exposure. Then you are good to go. On school of nursing fees in Nigeria, it will do you well to know that it more expensive studying Nursing Sciences in State and private Universities than in Federal universities. Just know your pocket.
Thank you and leave a comment below