#International Left Handers Day# Interesting, historical, and scientific fun facts about left-handers
Today is the commemoration of World Left Handers day and I decided to celebrate with the lefties by writing a few fun facts about them.
Check them out….. .. below
1. International left handers day is celebrated on the 13th of August every year. It was founded by the Left Handers Club in 1992.
2. To be left handed means to have a left dominate hand/arm or a left dominate foot.
3. Left handed individuals have a right dominate brain called the right cerebrum
4. Plenty of famous people are lefties! Leonardo da Vinci, Bill Gates, Shigeru Miyamoto, Morgan Freeman, Barack Obama, JF Kennedy, Oprah Winfrey, George Bush, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Mahatma Gandhi, Henry Ford, Tom Cruise, Julius Caesar, Napoleon Bonaparte, Gordan Ramsey, and more are all lefties!
5. 10 to 12 percent of the world population are left handed
6. There are about 750,000,000 left handers in the world.
7. In my opinion, lefties are still be marginalized in our societies. Most infrastructures, basic amenities, cars, public utilities and school desks are constructed with due considerations to left handers. In the words of John W. Santrock: “For centuries, left-handers have suffered unfair discrimination in a world designed for right-handers. For example, 👇
8. Studies have shown that left-handed people are better basketballers.
9. Left handers do not find the use of scissors or spiral notebooks funny.
10. Football greatest of all time (GOAT) in the person of Leo Messi is left footed. Also is Diego Maradona.
11. Marie Curie, the mother and founder of radioactivity and its application was left handed.
12. Left handed people are a rare and unique breed. They are creative, have high IQs & multitasking skills. From a medical standpoint, they are the only ones in our ‘right’ minds.
13. Arya Stark ( Maisie Williams), the famous Game of Thrones character and actress is left handed both in the movie and in real life.
14. The last 3 American presidents: Bill Clinton, George Bush and Barack Obama are left-handers.
15. 10% of the world population is left handed, yet 50% of the Beatles were left handed.
16. Some left footed great footballers are: Gheorghe Hagi, Gareth Bale, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Raul, Ryan Giggs, Hristo Stoichkov, Lionel Messi, Diego Maradona, Ferenc Puskas, Steve Gupp and many more.
17. Men are more likely to be left handed than Women.
18. Left handers are more likely to be ambidextrous than right-handers.
20. Mothers who are over 40 at the time of a child’s birth are 128% more likely to have a left-handed baby than a woman in her 20s.
32. Studies have suggested that left-handers are more talented in spatial awareness, Mathematics , and architecture. Right-handers tend to be more talented verbally.
33. There are about 30 million left-handers living in the USA
35. Left-handedness is also known as “sinistrality” because left-handed people were once thought to be demons.
36. Left-handedness runs in families. Lefties in the British Royal Family include the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, and Prince William.