Stomach ulcer and diet/foods. Food for ulcer patients in Nigeria.
Although foods have not been scientifically proven to cause stomach ulcer, some foods actually aggravate/worsen ulcer pains and delays the healing of already existing ulcers. The common cause of ulcer in our environment are abuse of painkillers like ibuprofen, diclofenac,aspirin and peroxicam(felvin) plus H.pylori infection. Knowing the right food to eat and foods to avoid in ulcer patient help you heal faster.
Check below for the list of good and bad foods for stomach ulcer or ulcer patients. Perhaps you can draw a food time-table or stomach ulcer diet plan from the list.
Good foods for stomach ulcer/suitable diets for stomach ulcer…
1. Yoghurt: rich in “good” bacteria called probiotics. Probiotics may help ulcers heal faster by fighting H.pylori.
2. Apples: good fibre diet that eases bloating and ulcer pains and aids healing.
3. Pears: Either the avocado pear or the ‘small’ pear is a high fibre food that reduces stomach bloating and aids ulcer healing.
4. Oatmeal: good for ulcer healing.
5. Sweet potatoes: helps shrink stomach ulcers.
8. Beef liver
9. Broccoli, strawberries and red pepper contain Vitamin C which help in wound healing.
10. Fish and egg: should be included in the stomach ulcer and diet plan.
12. Chicken, turkey, goat meat and other lean meats.
13. Unripe plantain: contains little acid compared to the ripe one.
14. Vegetables like cucumber, garden eggs, okra, green pepper,cranberries and cabbage.
15. Pap (Akamu) temporarily coats the ulcer lining and reduces ulcer pains.
16. ‘Moi moi’ instead of beans that causes heartburn or acid reflux in some persons. ‘Moi moi’ is good for ulcer.
17. Yam either pounded or eaten cooked is good for stomach ulcer.
18. Coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil and coconut water have good antibacterial properties that reduces inflammation on the ulcer site and aids healing.
19. Banana or banana milkshakes should be added to the meal plan for ulcer patients in Nigeria.
20. Honey: raw honey has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties for ulcer.
21. Fried plantain called dodo in Nigeria.
22. Nigerian soups like egusi soup , ogbono soup, okra soup, Banga soup, black soup, Oha soup, vegetable soup, waterleaf soup, Ewedu soup, Afam soup, groundnut soup and so on are good for stomach ulcer patients.
More on stomach ulcer and diet. See below.
FOODS ULCER PATIENTS SHOULD AVOID/BAD FOODS FOR STOMACH ULCER………
1. Spicy foods like pepper soup, suya, indomie and others.
2. Milk is bad for ulcers and prompts your stomach to make more acids that worsens ulcer pains.
3. Soft drinks and other carbonated drinks.
4. Fatty food eg. oil meat causes bloating and makes pain worse.
5. Tomatoes contain acid and worsen pains.
6. Roasted corn: difficult to digest and injures the ulcer lining. Cooked corn is better.
7 Salty foods.
8. Chocolate: worsens ulcer pain for some persons and causes acid reflux.
9. Beans: notorious for worsening ulcer pains and causing acid reflux or heartburns.
10. Caffeine: coffee makes ulcer pain worse.
11. Citrus fruits for example oranges, lemon, lime, grapes, and tangerine worsens pain for peptic ulcers.
13. Tobacco or smoking or cigarettes.
14. Refined sugar.
15. Red meat.
I hope this article has answered the google queries below…
Nigerian food for ulcer patients.
Is indomie good for ulcer patients?
Fruits for ulcer patients in Nigeria
Stomach ulcer diet menu.
Is yam good for ulcer paients?
Nigerian food time table for ulcer patient.
Nigeria food for stomach ulcer.
Meal plan for ulcer ulcer patients in Nigeria.
Stomach ulcer and diet.
Can ulcer patient eat fried plantain? Yes
Please do leave a comment.