Where are the breast screening centres in Lagos and Abuja?
Screening examinations are tests performed to find diseases before symptoms begin. The goal of breast screening is to detect a lump at its earliest and most treatable stage.
In breast cancer screening, a woman who has no signs or symptoms of breast cancer undergoes a breast examination such as:
- clinical breast exam: A physical examination of the breast by a doctor or other health professional.
- Mammography: A low dose X-ray exam that produces images of the breast called a mammogram. Mammography plays a central role in early detection of breast cancers because it can often show changes in the breast before you or you doctor can feel them.
- MRI of the breast may be used for women at high risk for breast cancer, typically because of a strong family history of the disease.
- Ultrasound of the breast (breast scan) may be used for women who are at high risk for breast cancer and unable to undergo an MRI examination or women who are pregnant and should no be exposed to x-rays used in mammography.
The above is just a summary of what breast cancer screening entails. Now are you in Lagos or Abuja and your dont know any breast screening centres around you? Worry no more, below is a comprehensive list of names, addresses and phone numbers of breast screening centres in Lagos and Abuja.
lagos breast screening centres
1. Lakeshore Cancer Centre
14, Amodu Tijani close, Off Sanusi Fafunwa, Victoria Island,
Lakeshore screen and diagnose, treat and manage cancers cases.
2. Renaissance Medical Centre
8B, Elsie Femi-Pearse Street, Victoria Island,
3. Optimal cancer Care Foundation
118, Bode Thomas Street, Surulere,
A non governmental organization that sometimes offers free breast cancer screening in Lagos.
4. Atlantis Cancer Hospital
15, Burdillon Drive, Obalende, Lagos, Nigeria
5. Wincancer Foundation
Plot 34, Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun Ikeja,
Wincancer is one of the breast screening centres in Lagos that provide free breast screening.
6. St. Cyril Cancer Treatment Foundation
35A, Itafaji Road, Dolphin Estate Ikoyi,
7. Sebeccly Cancer Care
29, Commercial Avenue, Sabo Yaba,
8. Sarah Ayoka Oduwaiye Foundation
Sarah Ayoka Oduwaiye Foundation, Lagos, Nigeria
9. Care Organization Public Enlightenment
39B, Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
10. African Cancer Centre
17, Illabere Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
11. Run for a Cure Africa
Run For a Cure Africa, Lagos, Nigeria.
They provide Affordable/free breast cancer screening in Lagos.
Read Also: Cost of Mammography in Nigeria
12. Foremost Radiology
50, Ogunlana Drive, Surulere, Lagos
13. Breast and Gynaecology Centre
276A, Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
14. South Shore Women’s Clinic
5B, Isaac John Street,
Opposite Adam and Eve, Ikeja GRA, Lagos.
15. Arrive Alive Diagnostics and Imaging
35, Cole Street Off (same road as Diamond bank) Ojuelegba,
16. Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH)
Ishaga Road, Idi-Araba, Lagos
Oldest of the breast screening centres in Lagos.
17. Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (Lasuth)
1-5, Oba akinjobi Road, Ikeja, Lagos
18. Isalu Hospitals Ltd
10, Wempco Road, Opposite D-Ivy College, Off Agidingbi Road,
Ogba, Lagos, Nigeria
Abuja breast screening centres
19. Maitama Hospital
Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Abuja, Nigeria
20. National Hospital Abuja
Plot 132, National Hospital Road,
PMB 425, Central Business District,
Abuja, FCT, Nigeria
21. Angelic Care Hospital
Plot 3, Ubiaja Crescent Opp,
Tantalizer, Garki II, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
22. Garki General Hospital
Tafawa Balawa Way, Abuja, Nigeria
23. Kelina Hospital
123, Third Avenue, Gwarinpa,
24. Apollo Hospital
A8, Fanaha Business Suites, beside AP Plaza,
Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II,
Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
25. Holy Trinity Hospital
20, Oro Ago Street, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria
26. Medimax Hospital
Plot 11, 612 Road, off 7th Avenue,
Gwarinpa Estate 900108, Abuja
27. Hi-fi Hospital
1207, Trans Engineering Layout,
Engineering/SCC road , Abuja
28. Chivar Clinics and Urology Centre Ltd
68, Abidja Street, off Herbert Macauley Way,
Wuse Zone 3, Abuja
29. Cedar Crest Hospital
2, Sam Mbakwe Strret, Gudu District, Abuja
30. Royal Specialist Hospital
2, Kukawa Close, Garki, Abuja
And One Other thing………….
the cost of breast scan in Nigeria..
The common questions people ask on google are……..how much is breast scan in Nigeria? how much does breast ultrasound cost in Nigeria? Some even google ‘free breast screening centres in Lagos and Abuja’.
The scan is affordable. Breast scan cost around N3,000- N5,000 naira depending on the centre you want to do it in Nigeria
Are you are diagnostic centre for breast cancer screening in Lagos and Abuja and you are not on the list? Please send a mail and it will be added