The biography , age date of birth, state of origin specialty, and academic qualifications of Dr Osagie Ehanire.
1. His full name is Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire
2. He was born born November 4, 1946 in Oredo Local Government Area, Edo State
3. He is 74 years
4. He is from Edo State and his ethnic group is Bini (Benin)
5. He is a Nigerian
6. He is a medical doctor and a politician
7. He has been staunch ally of the President Muhammadu Buhari since 2002
8. He is brother to Daisy Danjuma, a former senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and wife of Theophilus Danjuma
9. He is the immediate past Minister of State for Health under Prof Isaac Adewole (2015 – 2019)
10. After his primary education, he attended Government College Ibadan in Oyo state for his West African School Certificate and he excelled at his Higher School Certificate examination there.
10. Dr Osagie Ehanire is an outstanding surgeon and holds an (MD) of college of Medicine, Ludwig Maximillians University, Munich, Germany
11. He became a Fellow of West African College of Surgeons in 1984
12. He also holds postgraduate Diplomas from the Teaching Hospital of the University of Düsseldorf and Essen, Germany in the areas of Anesthesiology, General Surgery, and Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery.
13. Dr Osagie Ehanire worked to a great extent in Germany as Resident Anesthesiologist, Resident Vascular Surgeon and Resident General Surgeon in Thoracic Surgery at various hospitals.
14. He 1982 when he returned from Germany, he had a 2-year stint at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital as a Senior Registrar in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology before he was certified a Consultant in 1984.
15. Dr. Osagie has served on various medical Boards both within and outside Nigeria.
16. He was Senior Registrar, Clinical Instructor, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Member of the old Bendel and Edo States Hospital Management Board, Consultant Surgeon, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria, Clinical Course instructor, Fracture Internal Fixation course, BG Accident Hospital, Duisburg, Germany.
16. He co-authored the orthopaedic book “The severely injured limb” edited By John Ackroyd.
17. He is a current trustee of the TY Danjuma Foundation.
18. His first tenure was uneventful and was marred with medical tourism, brain drain of Medical doctors, protracted health workers strike, poor health budgetary allocations and controversial statements from his boss (Prof Isaac Adewole).
19. A lot is expected of him this time around. He needs turn around the nations dilapidated health sector.
20. In the heat of the global pandemic of coronavirus (COVID-19), Ehanire is saddled with the responsibility of leading the team that will help Nigeria eradicate the virus. He is a member of the Presidential Task Force on Coronavirus.
21. He is married with children.
Further Reading: Wikipedia
This post was last modified on March 13, 2020 2:05 pm